Light splotches on top leaves (3 weeks from germ)

• Thread starter joshjones43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joshjones43

joshjones43

All my babies are under KingLED 4000w quantum boards at 50% power. Receiving 20k Lux. I feed them only when they’re completely dry and the pots light. About every 4 days. Aside for a ph of 6.0-6.5 water, I feed them PowerSi original (nitrogen, Phosphate, and Silicone), Mr.Fulvic ( Fulvic & Amino Acids), and some Cal Mag. My temps stay between 70 and 78 depending on the time of day and my RH stays between 50 and 65%. Everything is on timers. Also have multiple fans to keep optimal air circulation. Most of my plants are growing perfect but two have light green splotches and little white tops at the end of the leaves

Light splotches on top leaves 3 weeks from germ
Light splotches on top leaves 3 weeks from germ 2
Light splotches on top leaves 3 weeks from germ 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
All my babies are under KingLED 4000w quantum boards at 50% power. Receiving 20k Lux. I feed them only when they’re completely dry and the pots light. About every 4 days. Aside for a ph of 6.0-6.5 water, I feed them PowerSi original (nitrogen, Phosphate, and Silicone), Mr.Fulvic ( Fulvic & Amino Acids), and some Cal Mag. My temps stay between 70 and 78 depending on the time of day and my RH stays between 50 and 65%. Everything is on timers. Also have multiple fans to keep optimal air circulation. Most of my plants are growing perfect but two have light green splotches and little white tops at the end of the leaves
firstly what is your growing medium?
too much nutrients..

joshjones43

joshjones43

I have them in FFoF with like 35-40% perlite, 5-10% vermiculite, and a little bit of DE. It says the soil should be good for 20-30 days on nutrients. Should I lay off the Mr.Fulvic and Cal Mag and only run the PowerSi?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have them in FFoF with like 35-40% perlite, 5-10% vermiculite, and a little bit of DE. It says the soil should be good for 20-30 days on nutrients. Should I lay off the Mr.Fulvic and Cal Mag and only run the PowerSi?
i’d say so at the moment. not informed about those nutes.,
though with fox farm you when needed should be using an organic based nutrients and no ph’ing unless your gonna use synthetic nutrients.,
either way just dial it back on the nutrients they don’t need so much.

joshjones43

joshjones43

The PowerSi is basically just providing the silicone, it’s used throughout the whole grow. I use the botanicare cal mag but I lay off of it and the Mr.Fulvic. My actual nutrient blend I got from Aqua man and it’s the Jacks 3-2-1 regime. Haven’t started that yet though. Figured I wouldn’t need it for a good while. I was using the nutes in a foliage spray for a few days but stopped after the spots appeared. It’s been a couple days and they do look better with just regular water put on them

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The PowerSi is basically just providing the silicone, it’s used throughout the whole grow. I use the botanicare cal mag but I lay off of it and the Mr.Fulvic. My actual nutrient blend I got from Aqua man and it’s the Jacks 3-2-1 regime. Haven’t started that yet though. Figured I wouldn’t need it for a good while. I was using the nutes in a foliage spray for a few days but stopped after the spots appeared. It’s been a couple days and they do look better with just regular water put on them
ok, and @Aquaman should be back to check on this thread than.
the jacks you could start very soon, using lightly! let’s wait for aquaman..

joshjones43

joshjones43

Much appreciated. First time growing bud but I do landscaping and have a garden so I do have a green thumb to a degree. Probably start jacks in a week when 4-5 nodes have formed and just do like half the recommended dose

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Much appreciated. First time growing bud but I do landscaping and have a garden so I do have a green thumb to a degree. Probably start jacks in a week when 4-5 nodes have formed and just do like half the recommended dose
Silicone should be used to form a water-tight barrier on an object of your choice.

As long as that choice is not your cannabis plant.

Silica, however, is a building block for cell replication. And it is highly recommended that you cease using it after budset.

But, you being a landscaper, and having a garden, already knew that stuff.

Right?

joshjones43

joshjones43

Yeah, I’m still a few weeks away from flower and probably 6 weeks away from flower production. Still lots of time for growth

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

I was using the nutes in a foliage spray for a few days but stopped after the spots appeared. It’s been a couple days and they do look better with just regular water put on them

Try to only use foliars when lights are off. And you shouldn’t be spraying them with just water, if you are.

joshjones43

joshjones43

Thanks, I haven’t sprayed them with anything in a couple weeks. Don’t have any pest or fungal problems either, setups perfectly dialed in now

Top Bottom