Light timer malfunction flowering plants

• Thread starter Cook2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cook2010

Cook2010

So my Flowering plants of 2 weeks got an accidental extra 4.75 hours of light this morning on top of there 12
timer is 5pm-5am. Im assuming i left timer ON instead of AUTO
I woke up and saw the light was still on and i immediately put them into darkness around 9:45Am
should I?
A) remain at the same schedule and have the light come on at 5pm
B) let them get 12 hours of darkness and turn lights on at 9:45 pm tonight and then normal 5am-5pm darkness and back on schedule ?

I hope i didn't screw up to much

fishbuds

fishbuds

I thinks it's early enough, and the time was short enough, that you will most likely see zero effect. That being said, when i gave my stable genetics an extra 12, with an accidental ceiling light left on all night, they did not like it.

Good luck, dont change light schedule imho

Cook2010

Cook2010

I thinks it's early enough, and the time was short enough, that you will most likely see zero effect. That being said, when i gave my stable genetics an extra 12, with an accidental ceiling light left on all night, they did not like it.

Good luck, dont change light schedule imho
thank you for the response i can def run in there at 5pm and have them back to the normal schedule, thats put them around 7.75 hours of darkness today then of course 12 tomorrow

Cook2010

Cook2010

put that timer somewhere you cant touch easily ;), then dont touch it, ever :0
I know when this mishap happened. I was tryin to take a natural lighting picture and when i turned that durn timer back on i think i turned it ON vs going back to AUTO, rookie mistake

Cook2010

Cook2010

Go with Plan B. Flowering is determined by length of dark cycle not light cycle. Get a good 12 hrs dark, have a short light cycle then back to regular programming.
Ok, yes thats what i shall do then, these are healthiest plants ive ever grown and it would be sad if i hermed them. my third attempt at this

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
Sorry to hear it - that's a very significant amount of light, but at least it wasn't mid-night cycle. You might be alright.

Get a pulse one or a pulse pro and catch it right away next time

Nesta028

Nesta028

Sorry to hear it - that's a very significant amount of light, but at least it wasn't mid-night cycle. You might be alright.

Get a pulse one or a pulse pro and catch it right away next time
Not gonna lieā€¦ Really liking my pulse pro!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Go with Plan B. Flowering is determined by length of dark cycle not light cycle. Get a good 12 hrs dark, have a short light cycle then back to regular programming.
Of all the answers I've read, the one quoted above is the best. You don't want to disrupt that 12 hrs of darkness. 12 hrs tonight. Give them enough hours of daylight tomorrow to get them back on their schedule.

Or you can complete your 12 hrs of darkness tonight and carry on with your new 12/12 light schedule. Just don't shorten the dark cycle to compensate for the light being left on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom