Light upgrade. Worth it or not?

• Thread starter Zunk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zunk99

Zunk99

I’m looking to upgrade my grow light in my 4x4 tent. I’m currently running a Mars Hydro LS 3000 and am looking at purchasing a Mammoth Lighting Fold Series 600w - Samsung LM301b diodes. Need some advice is this switch with make a big enough difference to switch it over. Thanks!

growsince79

growsince79

I’m looking to upgrade my grow light in my 4x4 tent. I’m currently running a Mars Hydro LS 3000 and am looking at purchasing a Mammoth Lighting Fold Series 600w - Samsung LM301b diodes. Need some advice is this switch with make a big enough difference to switch it over. Thanks!
Whats the yield from the mars?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Yes. You want in the 600w range. You want to play in the 700 par range during photosynthesis during flower.

Now to determine the spectrum your giving the plant is important too.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Just completed my second grow and looking to replace the cheaper equipment with better.

Zunk99

Zunk99

Definitely need to upgrade to something as I want to move the LS 3000 to my veg tent if this seems like an upgrade.
i think with the right light and strain you could double that.
Noted. I’m still learning and experimenting with how to trim and what buds to trim off. I feel like I will make the move then move the LS 3000 into my veg tent for the time being.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

this light kicks ass in my little tent, 2x4x7, cant even turn it half way up

Skeggox

Skeggox

this light kicks ass in my little tent, 2x4x7, cant even turn it half way up
I just purchased one and I have a question. The dimmer doesn't have settings on it. How do judge the out put with out any type of meter?

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m running the Scorpion version of that light. I like it a lot. I’m adding a UVA bar as an upgrade to it.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I just purchased one and I have a question. The dimmer doesn't have settings on it. How do judge the out put with out any type of meter?
If you don’t have a meter then watch the plants for signs of light stress. You can download a light meter app to a phone.

Top Bottom