• Thread starter Gitara
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gitara

Hello friends,
i built my grow place, size 120X70, height 180.

Air:
Out: fan TD-SILENT 350MKS + charcoal filter
In: 5' ventilator 150MKS

Light:
6 X Cree cxb3590 3500K 80cri

Few questions please:
1. i want to complete my spectrum, can i use this lamp?
http://www.lighting.philips.com/mai...-puva/uva-1-pl-s-pl-l/927903400907_EU/product

2. do i need an infrared light?

3. if 1 or 2, how much time from the 18h or 12h i need to light up the uv/ir, and how much pcs i need to my growbox?

4. I assume that i have some mistakes or need some improvement in my designing (of course in my english), so I would very much like to learn.

Thank you!

DGP

DGP

IMO your fine with just the Cree lights, IR will just heat stuff up and there isn't much evidence yet that UV is needed either. UV encourages more trichs but at the same time it degrades THC so its a double edge sword. In outdoor grows potency is usually a little lower for a given strain and pheno but the terp profiles can be somewhat different. UV probably lowers the cannabinoid potency overall slightly. Some people add fairly low levels of UV (much less than the outdoor environment) and claim it helps but I think the jury is still out. Just go with what your using the COB lights will do very well for you.

Light is only one thing in the environmental controls though. Environmental control is everything to yield except for genetics. However, without good controls the genetics might never express themselves fully.

Your English is just fine.

Dee

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hello friends,
i built my grow place, size 120X70, height 180.

Air:
Out: fan TD-SILENT 350MKS + charcoal filter
In: 5' ventilator 150MKS

Light:
6 X Cree cxb3590 3500K 80cri

Few questions please:
1. i want to complete my spectrum, can i use this lamp?
http://www.lighting.philips.com/mai...-puva/uva-1-pl-s-pl-l/927903400907_EU/product

2. do i need an infrared light?

3. if 1 or 2, how much time from the 18h or 12h i need to light up the uv/ir, and how much pcs i need to my growbox?

4. I assume that i have some mistakes or need some improvement in my designing (of course in my english), so I would very much like to learn.

Thank you!
1. Look up exoterra 10.0 26w
2. You probably got enough
3. I use them after stretch period in flower.(whole on cycle)
4. Good luck bud.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
IMO your fine with just the Cree lights, IR will just heat stuff up and there isn't much evidence yet that UV is needed either. UV encourages more trichs but at the same time it degrades THC so its a double edge sword. In outdoor grows potency is usually a little lower for a given strain and pheno but the terp profiles can be somewhat different. UV probably lowers the cannabinoid potency overall slightly. Some people add fairly low levels of UV (much less than the outdoor environment) and claim it helps but I think the jury is still out. Just go with what your using the COB lights will do very well for you.

Light is only one thing in the environmental controls though. Environmental control is everything to yield except for genetics. However, without good controls the genetics might never express themselves fully.

Dee
Theres a shit load of research on uv ... Theres probably 2 shit loads of research.

You just have to do your RESEARCH

All these newfangled lights everyone is buying.... They are adding uv or trying to broaden the spectrum to include uv while still hitting photosystem 1 and 2

Uv proabably reduces potency....what in the ever loving fuck are we talking about?

Last edited:
DGP

DGP

4. Good luck bud.

That is a very low amount of UV so in that case it would likely never degrade the THC levels but I am curious about the effect. What have you noticed it does in your grow? Like I said I don't really know about UV in indoor grows but I am curious about your experience.

Thanks,

Dee

PS our posts crossed....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
We have threads on uv... And tons of websites on it

DGP

DGP

Theres a shit load of research on uv ... Theres probably 2 shit loads of research.

You just have to do your RESEARCH

All these newfangled lights everyone is buying.... They are adding uv or trying to broaden the spectrum to include uv while still hitting photosystem 1 and 2

Uv proabably reduces potency....what in the ever loving fuck are we talking about?
I have done quite a bit of reading especially here on the forum but I see two camps, respected growers on both sides some say it works and the other say not so much. That is why I am unsure and seeking evidence and experience.

Dee

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have done quite a bit of reading especially here on the forum but I see two camps, respected growers on both sides some say it works and the other say not so much. That is why I am unsure and seeking evidence and experience.

Dee
Ask the respected growers(the ones that didnt see a dif) how they used it and what they used for uv. Then dont do it that way

G

Gitara

Dee

Thanks bro!

4. Good luck bud.

i search about exoterra 10.0 26w and i understand ist from 290nm, it is not dangerous for me? my box stand in my sleep room and if its ok, how much pices i need for my space?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks bro!

i search about exoterra 10.0 26w and i understand ist from 290nm, it is not dangerous for me? my box stand in my sleep room and if its ok, how much pices i need for my space?
Do you go out in the sun? Its worse for you than light bulbs. I turn them off when in the grow area or wear long sleeve and glasses and a mask. Plants love uv.. People die from it... Its kinda like giving a dog a chocolate bar...it was was ok for the human but now the dog is dead.

At peak uv the earth gets to around ~10%. So for every 100 watts of regular light add 10 watts of uv. The plus side of new technology is that most all new light companies are trying to add lower nanometers and a broader spectrum. Some have actually put uv bulbs in their led lights. We are not creating new colors and ways to grow pot...we are just trying to mimic the sun. The best light bulb on earth.

Some like to add terpinator and booster and hundreds of dollars in water bottles and powders.. I would rather the light help me out.

IMG 20180612 050351 579
IMG 20180612 050351 582
O

oscar0127

We have threads on uv... And tons of websites on it
Hello, Im a beginner farmer from 10/08, and I use clones indoor. I read some of your thread about using UVB, can you tell me how do y use UVB? open uvb light all 18hr or 15min/hr?or please tell me where to learn about using uvb grow my girls. thanks a lot.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hello, Im a beginner farmer from 10/08, and I use clones indoor. I read some of your thread about using UVB, can you tell me how do y use UVB? open uvb light all 18hr or 15min/hr?or please tell me where to learn about using uvb grow my girls. thanks a lot.
He was using them basically all the way thru the lights on period.
If in veg 18hrs, if in flower 12hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom