Lighting a 90cmx90cmx160cm veg/mother tent

• Thread starter quiet one
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

quiet one

Hi all I've been reading around the forum but I just end up confusin myself I'm planning on getting a secret jardin 90cmx90cmx160cm ds90 tent for keeping mothers and rooting clones/starting seedlings I'm planning on using a 250w mh but if the mother plants are around 2 ft high and the reflector a further ft above that will the light from a 250w be enough for the seedlings and rooting clones ? I'll only need 9 clones every 3 months but id like to take and root 12 and choose the best or should I add some cfl lighting closer to the clones/seedlings ? I already have a 120cm x 120cm tent for final veg and flowering and have a 400w and 600w ballasts with bulbs and I plan on useing a 400w mh to veg 9 lst or or topped plants untill around 12 inches then swap to the 600w hps to flower aiming for a max finishing hight of 3ft all will be grown in soil going from 9cm (0.5L) 13 cm (1.5L) 18cm (6L) 25cm (11L) square pots after rooting in cubes

so my questions are:-

1st would a 250w mh be enough to keep mother plants and to root / veg small plants at 3ft away or should I add some cfl to keep the cuts more happy?

2nd should I use 400w while they are less then a foot high then go to the 600w or start straight with the 600w? (I'll be useing the same reflector)

Hope someone can help me I want to start 10 Mosca Negra c99's soon clone the females then flower them and choose a couple of mothers then do the same with 10 sonic fly

:RastaBong:

F

freelove7

MY 2 cents

Hey Qo,

It looks like you already know what to do. My guess is that you won't have any problems with either of those options.

I can tell you that usually more light is better as long as you can keep the heat under 80f.

I would go with a "Quantam Bad boy" they seem to rock for small areas and shorter plants. They produce less heat than the HPS lights and now thanks to a 25% boost they produce even more light.

If you have the option of slowly increasing the light from a 400-600w as the plants mature, that helps reduce shock to the plants. However, some people just start with the 1000w from far away. When the plants are in Veg the amount of light has more to do with how fast the plant grows and less affect on the potential size.

You may not get a lot of responses because the information is all available here on THC farmer, which is a great site by the way.

Good luck with your grow.

Q

quiet one

Hey thanks for the reply freelove I have been reading loads of other threads but I get confused as to just how much the lumens diminish the further away from the reflector you get (i know h.i.d and cfl differ) and how meany lumens I should aim for to have happy helthy growth not lankey things (people seem to say from 2000 to 9000 lumnes per sq ft) I will get some cfl's to hang closer to the propagator and small veg growth them Quantam Bad boys you mention look very cool but are a ft too long for my tent and I cant see any where I am anyway so Ill choose something similar I dont want to go overkill on them so I guess Ill aim for roughly a 10,000 lumens light sourse untill they fill there around 6inches or so them move them on.

Thanks for your input :)

:RastaBong:

add: Think im going to get a Maxibright Mk3 - PL4 Propagation Light around 18,000 lumnes

Top Bottom