Lighting And Room Design!

• Thread starter Lukeypoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krypto

Krypto

@CBDfutute4 were you advising me? How would you set it out in a 6x10 shed? Naa I've not really delved in to cbd strains, I think critical kush is the highest cbd strain I've run
I'm planning on running some 10 week strains, soo after the first run each monster cropped clone is going to get a 10ish week veg time

@The Dawg lol sorry man! Ive only recently discovered the word

@Krypto the weed I grew with 630w's of cmh (two 315w units) was dank. I guess it was the added uv to the spectrum? You can do the whole cycle with them and they don't get as hot a single 600w hps, still hotter then led though. If cmh is the end goal I'd personally wait and just invest in them, then some mediocre leds to only replace them in the near future or vice versa if the boss wants led ;) chances are a few years time the led panel will come down in price. The whole reason I'm going to cob route is coz thars what the lady of the house wants..
That's funny man. Because usually The " boss" aka wife, doesn't really care a whole lot about what's going on in the grow room until it's something she knows absolutely nothing about lol. I'm kidding of course. But yeah man we're going to wait on spend in a lot of money or any money on LEDs for flowering we got a double-ended 1000 watt does better I think than the other two or three. And I've heard nothing but good things about the ceramic metal halide lights. And if I were to go LED it would definitely be a c o b
There's two three maybe four tops LED manufacturers that I would gamble $1,000 on one friggin light. But those Co bees it just makes sense you know? For some reason. And they have a better Spectrum I think. I mean just because you're flowering the plant doesn't mean it it doesn't still need some blue and piano other colors. That's why I'm still at about the CMH, I have watched or read 20 or so reviews and every time the CMH has a better Spectrum I mean it really is full spectrum. These want to be led that they're selling for 50 bucks on Amazon I don't know about those man. Definitely going to wait on the LEDs.

The Dawg

The Dawg

@The Dawg I intended to run up to 12 cobs for purely flowering, as I mentioned them diy kits the ones I was looking at was for a 4x4 space and included 12 either cxb3590s or vero29s (both top bin) and draw 600w's at the plug.. Where might I find the 72w veros?? My flower cab is going to be 5x2
Is yours a dedicated light or for both? I'm unsure wether to go for 3000k or 3500k

Brother I'm Very Old School Meaning I Veg And Flower With The Same Lamp All Have And Always Will. In My Book HPS Stands For Hot Piece Of Shit. In My 5x5 I Have 8 4000k Vero29 And 4 5000k Vero29 All 36volt And I'm Capable Of Producing At Full Power 1035 Watts From The Wall. Now If 600 Watts Is All You Want You Can Build A Citizen 1212 Ran On A HLG-185H-C1400B All This Plus Frame Should Cost You Around 200.00 Per 4 Cob Rail And Said Rail Will Run 200 Watts A Piece. I Would Also Go With The 3500k. Myself Personally I Like The 4000k 90 Cri Spectrum. The Pic Below Is Of My 5x5 That I Mention Currently I'm Running 825 Watts Of Pure Vero29 Angle Power :party1:

Brother @Krypto Eat Your Heart Out!!! This Is What A Real Led Grow Looks Like :badboy:

IMG 6507
IMG 6509

Krypto

Krypto

Brother I'm Very Old School Meaning I Veg And Flower With The Same Lamp All Have And Always Will. In My Book HPS Stands For Hot Piece Of Shit. In My 5x5 I Have 8 4000k Vero29 And 4 5000k Vero29 All 36volt And I'm Capable Of Producing At Full Power 1035 Watts From The Wall. Now If 600 Watts Is All You Want You Can Build A Citizen 1212 Ran On A HLG-185H-C1400B All This Plus Frame Should Cost You Around 200.00 Per 4 Cob Rail And Said Rail Will Run 200 Watts A Piece. I Would Also Go With The 3500k. Myself Personally I Like The 4000k 90 Cri Spectrum. The Pic Below Is Of My 5x5 That I Mention Currently I'm Running 825 Watts Of Pure Vero29 Angle Power :party1:

Brother @Krypto Eat Your Heart Out!!! This Is What A Real Led Grow Looks Like :badboy:

View attachment 761454 View attachment 761455
Well suck me sideways!!!
DAMNB!!! I am impressed. Tip o' the cap to you sir AND the always killin' it ( weed, technology, music you name it) Bay Area!!! How much???
sorry if i missed it. But what's the price tag on that exact set up? AND what kind of weight dies it yield.

The Dawg

The Dawg

Well That Exact Setup Is 3 Years Old And Parts Were Harder To Find And More Expensive. If Your Good With Your Hands I Could Give You A Parts List And Suggest Places To Find Them. DIY Should Cost Ya Around 375.00-400.00 Per 4 Cob Rail Now If You Want Prebuilt Contact Dan At Timber For Prices Ok Tell Him The Dawg Sent Ya For A Sweet Deal :party1:

Krypto

Krypto

Well That Exact Setup Is 3 Years Old And Parts Were Harder To Find And More Expensive. If Your Good With Your Hands I Could Give You A Parts List And Suggest Places To Find Them. DIY Should Cost Ya Around 375.00-400.00 Per 4 Cob Rail Now If You Want Prebuilt Contact Dan At Timber For Prices Ok Tell Him The Dawg Sent Ya For A Sweet Deal :party1:
Thanks Dawg.... I'd love to get a list from ya . ANY info you'd be willing to share would be a big help. I've seen a lot of stuff on the farm here over the past 2 yrs. And that 5x5 shot....
f-ing IMPRESSIVE. what's your avg yield ? Thanks again!

Krypto

Krypto

Just saying how I'd dive up your space.
Hey brother I do apologize. I am a little lost Here. I was checking out a few different threads at the same time and trying to deal with the situation in the house. What were you saying again? Sorry bro.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Just put a tent or box inside for veg n clone. Make the whole room your flower area with a stack boxes. Clones on top of veg. Like 3x3x4.5 ft veg, 3x3x1.5/1.8ft for clones.

Then 60/65% of room to flower, leave 15% for tools n supplies n dry area rest stacked boxes.

I have a plan to disguise a workbench into a 2nd flower area. Lol. The stack is part of space saving

L

Lukeypoo

That's funny man. Because usually The " boss" aka wife, doesn't really care a whole lot about what's going on in the grow room until it's something she knows absolutely nothing about lol. I'm kidding of course. But yeah man we're going to wait on spend in a lot of money or any money on LEDs for flowering we got a double-ended 1000 watt does better I think than the other two or three. And I've heard nothing but good things about the ceramic metal halide lights. And if I were to go LED it would definitely be a c o b
There's two three maybe four tops LED manufacturers that I would gamble $1,000 on one friggin light. But those Co bees it just makes sense you know? For some reason. And they have a better Spectrum I think. I mean just because you're flowering the plant doesn't mean it it doesn't still need some blue and piano other colors. That's why I'm still at about the CMH, I have watched or read 20 or so reviews and every time the CMH has a better Spectrum I mean it really is full spectrum. These want to be led that they're selling for 50 bucks on Amazon I don't know about those man. Definitely going to wait on the LEDs.
Haha yeah man, shes my partner in all this, soo we're always talking and doing separate research! Admittedly she doesn't delve as deep as me, but gets herself clued up enough to bounce ideas off her! It's a blessing and a curse
Just saying how I'd dive up your space.
Yea man, how exactly would you do what you mentioned in a 10x6ft space?one of your previous replys mentioned how you'd use 50 percent space flowering and so on
And your last message you mentioned about disguising a work bench as a second flower area, I think ima use that idea as like clones and mothers, just to try and save a little space!

@The Dawg haha I like your definition! Can I get the parts list you mentioned please bruh your flowers look kick ass!

L

Lukeypoo

I think the cheapest I can get them here in the UK is around £39 ($52) seems a little to good to be true now I've come to look at it

The Dawg

The Dawg

I think the cheapest I can get them here in the UK is around £39 ($52) seems a little to good to be true now I've come to look at it
Ok Your Across The Pond. Theirs Only 1 Place I Can Think of Over Their That Supports Us And Thats Cutter Australia. Here's A Link For Everything Except The Driver. They Also Sell Drivers

The Dawg

The Dawg

Brother Krypto You In The Continental US Or You Also Across The Pond??

K

kansabis

@The Dawg I intended to run up to 12 cobs for purely flowering, as I mentioned them diy kits the ones I was looking at was for a 4x4 space and included 12 either cxb3590s or vero29s (both top bin) and draw 600w's at the plug.. Where might I find the 72w veros?? My flower cab is going to be 5x2
Is yours a dedicated light or for both? I'm unsure wether to go for 3000k or 3500k
Do you mean the 72volt vero29s,they have em on rapidled.com

monstacropn

monstacropn

So I'm currently ordering materials for my new grow room. Ive had to move outside due to space issues :L which isn't ideal but it is what it is right?
Soo I've brought myself a 6x10 shed..
The plan is to wrap the outside of the shed in that tinfoil bubble wrap stuff it acts as a vapour barrier and also keeps heat in/out. Once the sheds been wrapped I'm going to go round it with 25mm batons every 300mm and between them have 25mm cellotex. This will then be boarded over.
Inside, there's currently 25mm struts every 300mm (as to hold the shed up) my plan is to fill these gaps with rockwool or similar insulation and then boarded with 12.5mm plasterboard.
It currently has a slanted roof, again the plan with this is to make a flat roof, then have a pitched and tiled roof ontop of the flat. This will be a dead space and part of the passive intake. <any reason not to do this?Hopefully making the roof appear the same temperature as outside.

My rear garden is just patio slabs, so my plan is to lift a line of these from the shed to the house. Run my power cable and a hose pipe, and also some 4" ducting for the exhaust fan <not sure wether to bother with ducting as I intend on running cobs

I'm not sure how to set the room up, ideally I want a flower and veg room (was originally going to do two 3x3 cabinets next to each other) and then a cabinet for clones/mothers. When I thought about it though, if I did two 3x3 cabinets next to each other I wouldn't be able to access the plants at the back of the flower room should I need to check them (going to be scrogging)
So now I'm thinking two cabinets on opposite walls (10ft length sides) these will be two 2x5 Cabinets and a clone/mother cab next to one of them. I'll ad some crude pictures in a second to further explain what I mean ;L

LIGHTING
Then about the lighting.. Been researching cobs now for a couple of months, but still don't really understand them fully knowing to find/source all the parts Id need has been a ball ache...(The trouble is choice I think) Ive stumbled upon rapid leds and looked at their diy kits (quite like the fact they've collated with growmou5 I'd much rather go over kill then not have enough light. The kits I'm looking at are for a 4x4 area one option is using cree3590s and the other option is Bridglux vero29s
The cxb3590 kit comes in at 909 dollars and the vero29 at 749 dollars.. Im aware that cxb3590 is better hence price, but I'm thinking of going for the vero29 then adding a they're far red kit,View attachment 760045 View attachment 760045 so working out almost the same price.. What would you do and why? Can I source a 12 cob light in parts much cheaper then that, still using mw drivers and cree or Bridglux cobs?
Sorry for the essay
Cheers Lukeypoo
IMO it would be best to insulate the inside of your shed with the foil and just paint the outside flat white to reflect sunlight, and if it gets really hot like here in cali; I'd also consider a canopy over the shed, that will reduce the heat a bunch.
Second thing is with a 3X3 area per plant, I assume your just doing 90 harvest set up cause any longer your plants will out grow it. I believe or mine would anyways . Remember "The More you Grow, The More You Will Know; If done right, you'll have a lot to show!" Best of luck and you're at the best spot for info {THC Farming}

L

Lukeypoo

Do you mean the 72volt vero29s,they have em on rapidled.com
Yer I just realised the ones in the kit are 72v but run at 50w each giving you the 600w draw

IMO it would be best to insulate the inside of your shed with the foil and just paint the outside flat white to reflect sunlight, and if it gets really hot like here in cali; I'd also consider a canopy over the shed, that will reduce the heat a bunch.
Second thing is with a 3X3 area per plant, I assume your just doing 90 harvest set up cause any longer your plants will out grow it. I believe or mine would anyways . Remember "The More you Grow, The More You Will Know; If done right, you'll have a lot to show!" Best of luck and you're at the best spot for info {THC Farming}
Thankyou bro! I think we peaked this year at 31 or something for a couple of days and everyone went crazy.. I think usual highs of around 25-28 at best and that's our peak of summer. The flowering cab will run between 7am-7pm. (ties in nicely with working hours)
Veg will be 18/6 lights off at 10am back on at 3pm
I've just realised my plan for clones isn't going to work.. With the previous mentioned 10 week veg time I intended to scrog too, so none of its really going to tie in together..
Im still waiting on materials so I've not built the cabinets yet.. Im now thinking of making the veg and flower rooms the same size and moving the light between rooms when it's time to flower.. What do yall think?
Both cabs we're going to have similar extraction setups, only difference was the flower room was going to have a scrubber.

Top Bottom