Lighting choices for my next grow.

• Thread starter gjreeves88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Ok so I'm doing a 650 watt cfl grow in a small closet with 2 plants right now ( first grow) gonna be posting pics soon. They are doing really well one is blue dream and the other is Strawberry and Cream (I have a feeling it is but im not sure if its the legit one maybe somebody can tell me when i post pics)both from clone and almost 3 weeks into flower I am already really impressed by how well they are doing..

For my next grow I will have a bigger closet not sure of the exact size but I wanna do 3-4 plants under either 400hps plus san extra 250 watts of cfls for flower or just go for a 600hps.. Does anyone know which one would provide better yield...i feel like the cfls would penatrate lower branches and it would be better for yield but Im a beginner and dont know shit:D..Also which would be cause more heat ?

Thanks for listening anybody know?

reeldrag

reeldrag

the 600 will cause more heat you will get a better grow with the 600 u may want to look into the high end led's that have almost no heat and they give off a much higher level of par and UVB they do cost more but well worth it when u balance everything out plus they are cheaper to run but I will warn you dont buy the cheap ones check out the ones hydro hut sells.

Bannacis

Bannacis

yeah I would go for the 600 watter, and if need be you can add the cfl's
either way your gonna get heat from both.
as for led's Stealthy Samaritan has great leds, with proven results. check you tube.

gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Thanks for the replys.. Ok so how hard would it be to ventilate a 600 watt hps in a good size walk in closet 5x3x8? Would this be extremely difficult? I live in So cal and usually temps arent a huge issue outside except for a month or 2 a year...

Also I would plan on doing 4 plants under the 600 watt setup..has anyone done something similiar that I could check out that anyone knows of? ( I have found some myself just would like to see if there was some good ones to reference that people knew about..)

Top Bottom