Lighting/crowding opinions,Please

• Thread starter KGBudman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KGBudman

Here's the deal. We've got 15 plants but,let's say 13 cause 2 are runts and should have been tossed LONG ago. We're in a 12 x 12 room and plants are crammed in an 8 x 8 space due to only 2 lights on a circle. They are way over crowded I know. They shoulda been flipped sooner but weren't. Had to switch to horizontal reflectors cause the girls got waaay too big/tall. Do you think I should remove the screen and spread these girls out or, would that not be beneficial at this point? Haven't done it cause I just figured I'de end up with whispy buds from light being spread too thin, main tops being too far from light. They are now day 38.

K

KGBudman

How about a pic. Kinda thinkin it would be counter productive to open them up now.

DSC03865
DSC03838
K

KGBudman

That 2x4 frame is about 4' high. most plants were just there or just pokin' through at the flip. Never seen such a streeetch before. I've got another friend running the GDP as well and his stretched like that too.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

in my exp major room changes that late in the game fuck up the gurls and then there isnt enough time for them to feel the desired effects of the change anyway...

imo.. pull the runts and do a bit of defoliation... maybe 2-3 leaf sets that are blocking buds per plant.... never defoliate more then 20% of the overall foliage.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Hey man leave that screen, my current crop I did without a screen for the first time and I'm regretting it. What about bending the some of tops to even out the canopy a bit. Since your half way through you might just want to ride it out homie.

K

KGBudman

in my exp major room changes that late in the game fuck up the gurls and then there isnt enough time for them to feel the desired effects of the change anyway...

imo.. pull the runts and do a bit of defoliation... maybe 2-3 leaf sets that are blocking buds per plant.... never defoliate more then 20% of the overall foliage.

That's pretty much what I was thinking as far as changeing now. I also think harvest would not be increased even if they were spread out from the beginning since I only have power for 2 lights. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Think I will try a little defoliation now. I wanted to before but, when things were dyeing or burning, I was afraid to remove ANYTHING that was living for fear that it would only leave what I wanted to remain as a buffer or "sacrificial". I'm thinking most of that was actually due to light deprivation.

K

KGBudman

Hey man leave that screen, my current crop I did without a screen for the first time and I'm regretting it. What about bending the some of tops to even out the canopy a bit. Since your half way through you might just want to ride it out homie.

Yeah, think I will go for "ride it out".

hiboy

hiboy

have u added phospholaod yet.
That will stop them where there at. Normally used end of 2nd or start of 3rd week in flower. I would also trim them up down low, pull off any leaves that are fading to let some light get down there. My last run i had way too many bushy tops so when they were ready i clipped the whole upper half and let the lowers go for another week. Made a big. difference for the extra time. You might also wana get some string and time some of them colas over to keep em 12" away from lights so ya dont burn. Besides that all ya shitz looking green and healthy
hiboy

K

KGBudman

have u added phospholaod yet.
That will stop them where there at. Normally used end of 2nd or start of 3rd week in flower. I would also trim them up down low, pull off any leaves that are fading to let some light get down there. My last run i had way too many bushy tops so when they were ready i clipped the whole upper half and let the lowers go for another week. Made a big. difference for the extra time. You might also wana get some string and time some of them colas over to keep em 12" away from lights so ya dont burn. Besides that all ya shitz looking green and healthy
hiboy

Yes, I used Bud Ignitor by AN middle of 1st week. Pretty much when they quit takeing the nutes. What do you mean by "stop them where they're at"? Is this normal then? I thought they should be useing more nutes now,not less. Kinda been worryin' they won't put out very much if they're not eating much and thought they'd be a little bigger by now but,maybe "as usual" I'm just stressin' too much and expecting too much and need to be patient.

I think the GDP is supposed to be an 8-10 weeker so they've still got time.

Thanks

St3ve

St3ve

I wouldn't mess with them at all at this point unless you are trimming some sucker branches from underneath the screen. I personally wouldn't though as you would just stress them while they are in the middle of trying to put on flowers. Anyway, I don't think they look CRAZY over grown, you'll be fine IMO. Just keep a couple fans goin and take notes for what you want to do for next run.

hiboy

hiboy

Phosphoload known to stop vertical height, and doesnt affect bud growth. I've heard rumors of other positive benefits this product does, but i use if for the first.

hiboy

Latest posts

Top Bottom