lighting for a 10x10x8 tent

• Thread starter Norman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Norman

Whats up fellow growers!! I am constructing a new grow room and I plan on using a 10x10x8 grow tent for my flowering room. My question to all the pros out here is this; Will 6-1000 watt lights be too many for that space? Keep in mind Id like to keep a decent amount of space to maneuver around the outsides of my ladies. Raptor Hoods, 8 inch ducting, 1000 cfm exhaust fans. Im just a little worried that 6 may be an overkill for the effective footprint. I feel like its really gonna come down to heat, but maybe I dont need 6k in there and Im overkilling it?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Norman

N

Norman

Hmm after looking up the dimensions of the raptor hoods I think I have answered my own question here. Still interested in any thoughts. thanks

W

wintergreens

10x10 area could be light with 1000, 6000 would cook your girls IMO. Try 2000 and see if the temps stay down, how cool does the rest of the room stay. A/c, movers need more info. Good luck!

If you want good coverage, go 600's. how are you going to cool the room? even with air cooled hoods you'll need a/c

G

gooey

no more than 4k if you want to move around..always leave more room than yopu think...i can only reach on side of my trays...not the best....gl with your new room

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I started off on a 10x10 room with 4000 watts and a 12000btu AC. Worked awsome for me. After a few runs I added another 1K watts. That was pushing it with the AC I had.

What kind of AC are you going to be using?

S

swisscheese

Run two 4x8 areas with 2k over each if you need space to move. Or pack the room and go 6k, I did.

T

thumpnasty

i think becasue tents are so reflective you can get by with cooltubes , for me they were way cooler. and the didn't weigh half as much a the magnum hoods. it also gives your plants more room to grow taller without those mega hoods in the way.

N

Norman

Thanks everyone for the input. I havent decided what to run for a/c yet, but I know Ill be running quite a bit. I am gonna start with 4 lights and try to tweak it from there..

O

ogkb

I know this is an old thread but I just quickly built a 10x10x8 poly room myself an put 4 8in rapter hoods. I'm currently construct a 9.5x9.5x3.5 scrog for the room(not sure I should use it this round or just use some bamboo stakes). I have 8 plants that are 4ft tall an about 3.5 ft 4 ft wide. As you can probly guess I don't have enough room. I also have a 4x7x8 tent with 2 8in hoods with 1000w in each. Any input is appreciated

Top Bottom