Lighting Help

• Thread starter MiDWeZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MiDWeZ

Hello all who wander across this thread, needed some quick suggestions if anyone with the knowledge could help. I am planning a grow consisting of 5 lights and 4 plants in the
XOX
OXO
XOX vertical lighting formation. Electricity use is my biggest concern so before I purchased the lights I was wondering if I should run 5 600 watt or 5 1Ks. Or even 4 600 watt with a 1k in the middle. The location will be used solely for growing so all electrical use will come from the lights and grow equip.
Will running 5 600 watts slow plant growth, bud density, and overall yield compared to the 1KS? Please if anyone could help:confused0059:

R

RMCG

Just run the 1ks if you have the room.

While the 6's would get it done, if you are giving the plants some room (40-50" on center) you will need the 1ks for better penetration.

M

MiDWeZ

Thanks a bunch m8. Room is no problem, grow will be done in the basement since it is the coolest part of the house. I really just wanted to know if the 5000 watts would seem like to much to the elec folks. The 6s would total 3000 watts, four 6s and a 1K would be 3400. Can I stop worrying grab the 1ks and dive into the green sea?

K

kushtrees

I run 1kw in the middle with 600s in the corners... It works well but my room is smaller so the 600s are pretty snug in there, they are also good if heat is an issue. If i had the space Id do 5 1kws for the penetration

Latest posts

Top Bottom