Lighting In My Grow

• Thread starter Tino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tino

So I am setting up a grow in a 11 x 15.5 sealed room with 7 foot ceilings. I'm trying to figure out if I can squeeze 8 1000w lights in there or am I better off just going with just 6? I'm seeing that rule of thumb is about 1 light per 5x5 or 6x6 space. Obv I'm trying to get the most possible yield out of my space. Let me know what you guys think

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I had a very similar size space that had 6 1000 watt lights. I bought smaller hoods eventually so I could fit 8 but ended up with same yield as I did off 6. I would stick with the 6 personally. Sun systems makes the magnum low pro now gives great coverage without a tall hood perfect for short ceilings.

T

Tino

I had a very similar size space that had 6 1000 watt lights. I bought smaller hoods eventually so I could fit 8 but ended up with same yield as I did off 6. I would stick with the 6 personally. Sun systems makes the magnum low pro now gives great coverage without a tall hood perfect for short ceilings.

Thanks @HydroGuy

Just curious, did u add plants when u added the lights. If so how many?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I kept same number of plants, feeding the same and climate the same. I believe I had 18 plants in there but I'm convinced there is a point where you can have too much light.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Check out the 630w cmh light from nanolux. It's the 1k hps killer. Better spectrum, less heat, less power draw, bulbs last years, not runs.

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

I would put 8 AC/DE hoods no glass, kick the co2 up, and rock it out. They still air-cool without the glass and you get that warm barebulb feeling. Any one says they can't pull more off more light doesn't have the room dialed.......there are folks in the tree growing area with 4k on one plant.

I personally have pulled 2 a light with these AC/DE hoods. Had 3 stuffed in a 4x8 tent with 24 plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom