lighting opinions?

• Thread starter noktommaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noktommaster

ok so i have a room that is 49.5" by 32" and right now i have 305 watts of compact fluros in there. i am looking at some air cooled lights and wanted to get some opinions from people. i am trying to choose from three different ones. there is a dual 400 watt(800 total), a single 1000 watt or dual 600 watt(1200 total). please tell me what you think, i would really like to get some opinions from some of the more experienced growers out there.

P

pliscan

When I researched this it seemed everyone was recommending duals for a 4'x8' area and a single light for an area half the size. I believe it all has to do with how far the reflective area of the light reaches.

justiceman

justiceman

So thats about 11 Square ft if my math is correct. I would probably get a 400w and possibly a light mover. since some of the spread would be wasted. Most reflectors are designed to give a square spread. 400w covers a 3 x 3 area well 600 covers a 4x4 area well and 100w covers a 5 x 5 area well.

S

supasticky

I would go with the dual 600 if you can keep it cool. Weird dimensions though 4'1.5"x2'8". More light means bigger yield so the more light you can fit in there the better.

-Supa

PS Wat up Justice! New to the farm? I thought you already had an account?

20north

i would put 2 400w cmh lamps in there they run on the HPS ballasts you can get the bulbs here

the cmh seems a little bit cooler you might be able to squeeze 3 if you have the money to air cool all of them that might be a bit tight to do that though... yeah i would only put 2 400w cmh lamps in there with super sun 2 hoods.. i think there is 400w ballasts that you can air cool i dont know if they make them that low but i think so... anyway thoes are awsome get those if you can afford it ......

what do you plan on doing for a medium? nft?

ps i think light movers are a waste if you dont mind paying for the extra 400w i was planning on building something around your dementions with 2 400w cmhs at the time it seemed very stream line for where the air could you could ... use one 600w and a lightmover to get a decent effect im more a fan of cmh's though good luck! get some big fans bigger the better

cool tubes are only good when used in a vertical grow a super sun 2 good would be perfect in there

K

KushMaster707

i would go with what stickyicky said. get a dual 600w aircooled hood with hps and mh bulbs. you'll have more light with a broader spectrum than a single 1000w. i would like to try out the growzilla by hydrofarm, maybe for my next run:stonedsmilie:

Top Bottom