Lighting overkill

• Thread starter caregivermac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregivermac

caregivermac

The blurp has been brought up a couple times, I have one to and I think my plants are extremely slow.

1. I see CFL's can be used for seedlings and Veg growth, is anyone doing this, and does it work well?
2. Pretty sure a TS 1000 Mars Hydro for 4 seedlings is overkill.
3. Plus TS 1000 power use is overkill @ 4 plants.

Looking for alternatives Seedling and Veg times.

I have 4 seedlings in Dixie cups in a small closet

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Bag the CFLs, your Mars Hydro is far superior. Dim it if it's too bright.

If you're new, overwatering (and over-thinking) are your greatest hazards. It's easy to murder seedlings — their roots need oxygen and water pushes air out of the soil. Water also keeps the root temperatures down, which can slow growth, but too much water causes the roots to rot.

The reason I mention over-thinking is that staring at your seedlings while thinking, "What can I do to move things along?" is usually what people think just before a self-inflicted disaster.

Edit: BTW, when roots rot, the upper part of the plant remains living for a while, but pretty much stops growing.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Bag the CFLs, your Mars Hydro is far superior. Dim it if it's too bright.

If you're new, overwatering (and over-thinking) are your greatest hazards. It's easy to murder seedlings — their roots need oxygen and water pushes air out of the soil. Water also keeps the root temperatures down, which can slow growth, but too much water causes the roots to rot.

The reason I mention over-thinking is that staring at your seedlings while thinking, "What can I do to move things along?" is usually what people think just before a self-inflicted disaster.

Edit: BTW, when roots rot, the upper part of the plant remains living for a while, but pretty much stops growing.
I agree with everything here^

Latest posts

Top Bottom