Lighting Question

• Thread starter Grnthmb420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grnthmb420

Just got my brand new sun system 315 watt LEC 3100 complete light fixture.
I am starting first day of 12/12 and plants are 20-24 inches high in 5 gallon smart pots.
My question is how high above the plants should I position this light?
I have 5 plants in a 4 x 4 gorilla tent.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Just got my brand new sun system 315 watt LEC 3100 complete light fixture.
I am starting first day of 12/12 and plants are 20-24 inches high in 5 gallon smart pots.
My question is how high above the plants should I position this light?
I have 5 plants in a 4 x 4 gorilla tent.
Start high and drop it down 6 inches a day till its just a little warm on the top of the plant... the back of your hand works great to tell what's hot and warm

Smerb

Smerb

You can use the metal halide the first two weeks to keep them from stretching....

sixstring

sixstring

@DemonTrich may have some advice on distance,i think he runs them close as possible without giving up too much footprint

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It all depends on the hood used for canopy distance. I use a large hood, which spreads the light out far and wide, allowing me to run about 12-16" canopy height. When running a smaller hood, it will focus the light more directly, needing a higher canopy distance.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

With the Sun system reflector max par for the bulb has been tested at 16" with a 2.5' x 2.5' footprint. I am sorry I did not save the links from my research before I bought mine. But many tests are out there.

I get some leaf stress that low with mine and have settled at 18" over the canopy as a baseline. I look for leaf health as a meter and adjust from there.

This is in an open ventilated flower room.

Next I will install in a 3'x3' tent for vegging.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

12"-18" depending on the spread of the light. IMO good luck I'd be interested to see how this light performs.

G

Grnthmb420

12"-18" depending on the spread of the light. IMO good luck I'd be interested to see how this light performs.
I am running two 4 x 4 gorilla tents -- 1 vertical sunsystem LEC 315 watt 3100 bulb in one tent and 1 600w HPS in the other.
Less than a week into flower the LEC shows 3 inches more growth than the HPS. Nectar of the gods nutes, roman regimen.
I'll keep an update if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom