• Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

Lighting science
Lighting science 2
Lighting science 3
Lighting science 4
Anyone rocking these Lighting Science LEDs? They're 390 watt units and they're pretty badass.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

On this half of the room I took down 12 1 kw HPS and replaced them with 24 of these LEDs. I got a gram per watt my first run. 1.6 lbs/light if you still considered it as 12 hps. I can't complain. They do seem a bit harder to flush. I've heard that the spectrum makes it harder for chlorophyll to break down. They put off so much light you still have to keep them two feet off your tops like they're a daystar or you get albinoing tops. You can see it on my second run when i had some taller plants in there. Beyond that, it's been smooth sailing.

Power OG

Power OG

1st welcome brother, glad to have you here. looking great, i'll be watchin fa sure. i use a led myself not same brand but love em. keep us posted,looking good.

J

jakeflam

Many home owners using colorful LED lightning that helps them to get the beauty in some unique way as compared to neighbor home, it is great idea to be part of such idea.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Have you considered mixing it up like a checkerboard pattern 1 hps next to 1 led?Then again why fuck with success right,lol.Ive never been an led guy but your grow looks legit and i can see your using HPS right next to the led so thats a pretty good indicator your unbiased,nice job green.
Having said that these lights are retailing for around 2 grand apiece right?,http://earthled.com/products/lighting-science-vividgro-led-grow-light-fixture#.UzM4B_ldV8E,So thats roughly 48,000 dollars just in LED lighting were looking at right?Thats a dealbreaker for most folks.

Last edited:
C

ComfortNatur

Green - Im a producer in Canada and would love to talk to you about your results. We looked at these lights before, but it would be good to see/ hear about them in action.
[email protected]

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

They're more like 1k a pop, we got these for $500 which is slightly below what it costs for them to manufacture them. So they claim.

Send me a pm on here ComfortNatur if you have questions.

I'm now trying out the new e-pap lamps. They're killer.

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

They're more like 1k a pop, we got these for $500 which is slightly below what it costs for them to manufacture them. So they claim.

Send me a pm on here ComfortNatur if you have questions.

I'm now trying out the new e-pap lamps. They're killer.
I did some research on the phillips epap lights so your saying there the shit. i know we cannot always believe what we see on tests but from what i saw the e pap were not holding up to others.. Do you have any photos

G

Grip Nov

Are those COB style leds? Do they actually pull 390 from the wall? I assume they put off way less heat than the 12 hps? Nice setup. Nice big buds, you know what you are doing. What strain is it?

tags420

tags420

That is supposedly denver relief's grow I was told by LS. Nice guys and good chips. Passively cooled is always nice too.

G

Grip Nov

Can we get more specs on the led lamps? are they cob(square) style? (they must be, cause anything else is a waste of time IMO). Can you take some up close pics of the lamps? how many leds and how much (advertised)wattage per chip ? I assume your AC is working alot less now too eh?

Top Bottom