Lighting? seeking some experience please

• Thread starter druc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
druc

druc

Hi again! it's been quite some time scence I've been back. I've have gathered some great information from here and have been putting to use over the last year and have great results.

I recently purchased second 3x3 tent to start working a perpetual cycle. With that purchase came a first gen Mars Hydro 600w burple LED light MZ-120X5 (can't even find the spec's or model number online). I also have a CLF fixture witch houses 2x 55w T5 globes.

My plan is to grow from seed 3 plants at a time (I suck at cloning). So having 3 in veg and 3 in flower at all times. The question I'm seeking some options on is would you use the LED to veg out the plants over the 8-10 week period before moving them under a 315 CMH with a 3k-R globe or keep them under the T5 fixture?

i'd hear some opinions on what some of your more experienced grower would choose?

Thank You!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hi again! it's been quite some time scence I've been back. I've have gathered some great information from here and have been putting to use over the last year and have great results.

I recently purchased second 3x3 tent to start working a perpetual cycle. With that purchase came a first gen Mars Hydro 600w burple LED light MZ-120X5 (can't even find the spec's or model number online). I also have a CLF fixture witch houses 2x 55w T5 globes.

My plan is to grow from seed 3 plants at a time (I suck at cloning). So having 3 in veg and 3 in flower at all times. The question I'm seeking some options on is would you use the LED to veg out the plants over the 8-10 week period before moving them under a 315 CMH with a 3k-R globe or keep them under the T5 fixture?

i'd hear some opinions on what some of your more experienced grower would choose?

Thank You!

I use LEDs from start to finish. I have t-8 style shop lights for early veg, 3500k quantum boards vegging until I flip to 12/12. I have 3000k + IR/UV for flowering. However, to be honest with you ... any of those lights I have could be used to flower. As for the CMH? Again, personal preference. Many but not all of us are using LEDs. Others are still using HID lighting and have impressive results. If you need the heat to keep your grow space warm, then I would probably go with the HID. Otherwise, I'd go with LEDs.

druc

druc

I use LEDs from start to finish. I have t-8 style shop lights for early veg, 3500k quantum boards vegging until I flip to 12/12. I have 3000k + IR/UV for flowering. However, to be honest with you ... any of those lights I have could be used to flower. As for the CMH? Again, personal preference. Many but not all of us are using LEDs. Others are still using HID lighting and have impressive results. If you need the heat to keep your grow space warm, then I would probably go with the HID. Otherwise, I'd go with LEDs.
Thanks for your input.
If you were in my position would you continue to use the burple light or the T5 for the veg process?

I've had really good results using my current CMH for flowering and not looking to change in the future. Temps are a non issue where I live anyway from 17c to 28c year round.

Thanks

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for your input.
If you were in my position would you continue to use the burple light or the T5 for the veg process?

I've had really good results using my current CMH for flowering and not looking to change in the future. Temps are a non issue where I live anyway from 17c to 28c year round.

Thanks
My veg lights of choice are 5000k so they have a lot of blue light ... which helps keep them short and stocky. I prefer the white light over the burples for main lighting source ... but I will use t-8 burples to supplement the white light during flowering. I think it helps ...

Cool on temps being under control ... and since you already have the cmh and you are happy with it, use it and enjoy your harvest.

Edit: Consider LED t-8 shop lights for vegging if you want something white to go with your burple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom