Lighting suggestions for a 10 x 10 tent

• Thread starter codypendant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
codypendant

codypendant

Looking for suggestions on lighting for a 10 x 10 tent. Price isn't a factor; I want the best.

gristle

gristle

If price is not a limiting factor go with an led w/ spectrum control. You can document/share your experiments/experience with us here and help push the game forward. Maybe a chilled led or a scynce led w/ spectrum control.

Madmax

Madmax

Going to come down to what you think as you will get multible different answers from the guys.i watched a few vids from shane at cocoforcannabis and made my decision from that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Height of the tent is 7' 11". I will be running Co2.
HLG Scorpion Diablo needs a bit more height than the Gavita 1700e or Spiderfarmer SE 7000.

The fist 2 are around 600-650w and the SE 7000 is 730w

I prefer strip lights because they can be run closer allowing more height for plants.

The SE 7000 come with a potentiometer gavita 1700e needs a controller which puts it at or more than double the price.

All of those lights will provide enough light to benefit co2 and then some. In fact they are designed for that.

Ponky

Ponky

Screenshot 20220814 120937 Chrome

4 of these even. They're spensive

codypendant

codypendant

Thanks for the responses! I have only been here for a few days and can already see this is a great community! I am looking at going with 4 ChilLED Tech Growcraft X6. Very impressed with them being made in the USA and the warranty seems very good as well. Looks like they sell them as a DIY kit as well for about $250 less.
Thanks for the information and making me feel at home!

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

HLG Scorpion Diablo needs a bit more height than the Gavita 1700e or Spiderfarmer SE 7000.

I prefer strip lights because they can be run closer allowing more height for plants.

The SE 7000 come with a potentiometer gavita 1700e needs a controller which puts it at or more than double the price.

All of those lights will provide enough light to benefit co2 and then some. In fact they are designed for that.
Yeah, you'll want to be looking at lights in the 600-800 watt range from what I have been gathering on 'grow tent' setups. Any bigger is overkill... or damaging due to light height limits.

Even with only a 460w light in a 4x4x8, I must manage canopy height to some degree, and it gets more difficult with stronger lights. You can easily outgrow your space with 800w lights.

Me, I'd be looking at 4 of these (or similar):

Madmax

Madmax

i really dont think the controllers neccessary bro.i dont run one with the lumatek zeus pro but yeah it would b good feature to have..the controller for the gavita is spose to reduce the power to light...not sure if they have fixed that.....i want to purchase this light but freighting it here has made it just too expensive to purchase...

codypendant

codypendant

So I pretty much have it down to:

ChilLED Tech Growcraft X6 – 1000W

Photontek XT 1000W CO2 Pro LED

Scynce LED Raging Kush II OVERDRIVE

I would say I am leaning toward the Scynce, with the other two not far behind at all. That has to be the best PAR map I have ever seen!

gristle

gristle

You have those good problems, haha.
You can't go wrong at this point, I hope you show off whichever one you choose.
What is setting the scynce apart?
And how could the others possibly catch up?
Maybe give them each a call and see who you like and what you can finesse.

codypendant

codypendant

I’m leaning towards the scynce for two reasons:
The optics they employ seem very promising for great spread. Also, adjustable spectrum is amazing.

Top Bottom