Lighting suggestions for a 10 x 10 tent

• Thread starter codypendant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have 2 volt fl1 (I think 720 watts) lights that I run at 100% for my 4x10 area. I don’t use co2. Should I be running the lights at a lower setting?
If your plants are doing well then no need to do anything…its really ppfd we want to monitor for a rough estimate not so much wattage

codypendant

codypendant

Just a little update:
I flipped 8 days ago. The girls are looking great. I’ll upload some pics later.
I have decided to go with two 4x8 tents instead of one 10x10. I’m probably going to wait until Black Friday to order. Still haven’t decided on lights either lol.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Just a little update:
I flipped 8 days ago. The girls are looking great. I’ll upload some pics later.
I have decided to go with two 4x8 tents instead of one 10x10. I’m probably going to wait until Black Friday to order. Still haven’t decided on lights either lol.

I'm envious of all the space you're going to have for activities 🧙‍♂️ not going to recommend any brands but you'll want ~450w per 4x4 square of quality LED and I suggest going bar style vs quantum board style

Last edited:
codypendant

codypendant

I'm envious of all the space you're going to have for activities 🧙‍♂️ not going to recommend any brands but you'll want ~450w per 4x4 square of quality LED and I suggest going bar style vs quantum board style
I’ve got it narrowed down to:
Photontek X600W Pro
ChilLED Tech Growcraft X6 600W
Scynce Raging Kush II
Fohse Aries 640W

I’m really leaning toward the Scynce or Fohse, with the spectrum controls.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

A pair of 720 watt bat lights. Research brands. Not all are created the same.
640 watts in a 4x4?...minimum? Agree to disagree.

Unless that was some seriously dry humor :p
40 watts per ft sq. Ample power for sure. Most of the time they'd be either raised higher than normal or dimmed down ... unless CO2 are involved. Just my opinion. I'm running 1280w in a 4 x 8 my next run but I want the head room so I don't hit my head. I do that too often and I'm afraid I'm going to break my lights 🤣

codypendant

codypendant

Watts do not translate to ppfd equally. The symce LED will lose some pofd because of the lenses… tgis is a trade off for the extremely even coverage they give.
The Scynce is on the lower end (PPFD) of what I have been looking at but that PAR spread is crazy good. The Fohse Aries has lenses too but I can’t really find anyone that has one for a review. I can get the Fohse for $1000 as well, which is quite a bit cheaper than the Scynce.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The Scynce is on the lower end (PPFD) of what I have been looking at but that PAR spread is crazy good. The Fohse Aries has lenses too but I can’t really find anyone that has one for a review. I can get the Fohse for $1000 as well, which is quite a bit cheaper than the Scynce.
Scynce is hands down the best lenses in the game… I wouldn’t step to any other light of this tech yet… just nothing close imo

codypendant

codypendant

Scynce is hands down the best lenses in the game… I wouldn’t step to any other light of this tech yet… just nothing close imo
Yeah I think I’m going to go with the Scynce.
This PAR map is insane!
71863BE6 A943 4E13 A7A4 B3EEA05AF6E7

codypendant

codypendant

Synce LED has a tunable spectrum raging kush. A bit less efficient ut very very even spread and if you have a good understanding of photomorphology it allows you to play with that
I have watched many hours of Bruce Bugbee and learned quite a bit from him. He is the president of Apogee Instruments and also runs a lab at Utah State University. Very smart guy. He has been studying cannabis for a long time. I highly recommend watching his stuff if you can take all the sciency stuff.

Anthem

Anthem

Just asking here ... aren't you running CO2?
I am running CO2 and I run the plants as close as 8” with Fluence and about 18” with Gavita.
To be honest I have an Apogee light meter and I never use it. Once you start getting in tune with the plant you get an idea of what they can and cannot handle. You will hear people say oh I start counting flower days once I see the little cotton balls on the top. About day 11 to 13. This is due to lighting. The breeder information is more than likely tied to 1000 watt double ended HPS.
Last night I had to start tuning down the watts on some plants growing under Gavitas. Day 39. If I run them at 100 percent every plant I have ever done it to Foxtails like no tomorrow.
CO2 helps but I have had the same numbers without CO2. It’s been a while but I might have ran those a little longer.
It seems insane to me that the top light manufacturers are never really mentioned.
The comments above are a big part of why I detested these threads. There is usually 3 to 4 of them a week and people with one or two grows with XYZ light are always quick to jump on about that XYZ light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have watched many hours of Bruce Bugbee and learned quite a bit from him. He is the president of Apogee Instruments and also runs a lab at Utah State University. Very smart guy. He has been studying cannabis for a long time. I highly recommend watching his stuff if you can take all the sciency stuff.
I have watched a LOT of his stuff. Im not at all scared of the science stuff, i embrace it fully

codypendant

codypendant

I am running CO2 and I run the plants as close as 8” with Fluence and about 18” with Gavita.
To be honest I have an Apogee light meter and I never use it. Once you start getting in tune with the plant you get an idea of what they can and cannot handle. You will hear people say oh I start counting flower days once I see the little cotton balls on the top. About day 11 to 13. This is due to lighting. The breeder information is more than likely tied to 1000 watt double ended HPS.
Last night I had to start tuning down the watts on some plants growing under Gavitas. Day 39. If I run them at 100 percent every plant I have ever done it to Foxtails like no tomorrow.
CO2 helps but I have had the same numbers without CO2. It’s been a while but I might have ran those a little longer.
It seems insane to me that the top light manufacturers are never really mentioned.
The comments above are a big part of why I detested these threads. There is usually 3 to 4 of them a week and people with one or two grows with XYZ light are always quick to jump on about that XYZ light.
It’s really quite daunting doing the research on what light to buy. So much bro science out there, it’s crazy. I have been doing research for a month now on lights lol. I have watched so many videos, read so many articles. I am very science inclined, so I love all the techie stuff.

Top Bottom