Lighting suggestions

• Thread starter Gghy168
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gghy168

Gghy168

I need some opinions on a new light I currently am running a mars hydro reflector 600w but I'm not a big fan of it after plants are about 4 weeks old growth really slows way down I'm growing in a 3x3 closet plants are staying really short I want to get them taller as they will only be mother plants my closet is 9ft tall so height is not an issue I'm looking a a 300w cob light setup or a qauntum I've tried a mh setup but it runs way to hot any opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks

threatco

threatco

I need some opinions on a new light I currently am running a mars hydro reflector 600w but I'm not a big fan of it after plants are about 4 weeks old growth really slows way down I'm growing in a 3x3 closet plants are staying really short I want to get them taller as they will only be mother plants my closet is 9ft tall so height is not an issue I'm looking a a 300w cob light setup or a qauntum I've tried a mh setup but it runs way to hot any opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks

I like Spider Farmer style QB's. I got my knock off version from Yuanhui on Alibaba and am very happy with it.

I also like the King Plus 10w dual-chip "full-spectrum" models. I think it still offers the best PPFD per $ spent upfront in the LED market.

Never used COBs my self. I know there are a lot of happy COB users, but I was scared off by some anecdotal stories of COB's or lensed LEDs in general starting fires. I am not wanting to pay top dollar to buy from a reliable American brand, so it's never been something I want to risk.

Note that the more light a plant gets the less likely it is to stretch and get tall, especially blue light. But if stunted growth overall is your problem, it makes sense to add more.

Gghy168

Gghy168

I like Spider Farmer style QB's. I got my knock off version from Yuanhui on Alibaba and am very happy with it.

I also like the Kings Plus 10w dual-chip "full-spectrum" models. Still think it's giving the best PPFD per $ spent upfront in the LED market.

Never used COBs my self. I know there a lot of happy COB users, but I was scared off by some scary stories of COB's or lensed LEDs in general starting fires. I am not wanting to pay top dollar to buy from a reliable American brand, so it's never been something I want to risk.

Note that the more light a plant gets the less likely it is to stretch and get tall, especially blue light. But if stunted growth overall is your problem, it makes sense to add more.
Thank you very much for the recommendations and reply

Top Bottom