Lighting

• Thread starter Dankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dankster

Hello everyone, Just trying to get some opinions on lighting. I have a small grow tent 36"x20"x60" and im trying to figure out what lighting to use in this space. Im trying to find a low cost lighting to fill this space with lots of light. would a 150W HPS fill this space with enough light? I was orginally going to go with two 90W LEDS, does anyone have experience with LEDS? In your opinion what would be more cost effective and overall the best choice the 150W HPS or 2 90W LEDS?

hiboy

hiboy

what may determine your decision is if you can keep your h.i.d. light kewl.
if you cant then led or fluor is the way to go
60" is only 5 feet, minus the bucket or table, then the light ur plants can only be 30"-36" tall. Scrog is the way to go IMO
hb

dankworth

dankworth

You will have about 5 square feet to work with. I would recommend a 250 watt hps for now. If you can get a ballast that also runs mh, that would be best.

That is assuming that you can manage heat efficiently. Shooting for 75 degrees for ambient temp would be a good place to start.

Irregardless of what you may have read or heard, LEDs are not the best thing to flower with. They have a terrible cost/result ratio for flowering.

I would recommend not spending any money on lighting until you can get the benefit of several people's experience on this site. If you have a little bit of time to wait, you can make a much more informed decision.

Check out LEDhead's scrog for some inspirational pictures on running a scrog screen, they are doing it perfectly. That is the way to go for tentage.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hard to go wrong with the 250 on a ballast that does both hps and mh. Then you can switch bulbs near the end for higher quality. And if you ever go bigger, the mh could be used as a nice little vegger or HPS as supplemental in a shady spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom