Lighting

• Thread starter leelee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leelee

leelee

I have a few questions I need help with. First, during a power surge today my UV light blew, apparently something went wrong with the electrical mechanism because a simple bulb change didn't work. So, in a pinch, I'm trying to supplement my light source. The only thing I have available ATM is a Repitsun 5.0 bulb. I'm not growing much, I have 7 seedlings that are 2-4" in height. All of the technical stuff, I leave that to the experts because I don't understand all of the conversion stuff etc. I'm looking for better growing solutions for a small crop, frequent grows due to limited space indoors. Any advice will be much appreciated but in the meantime, will this bulb be suitable?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have a few questions I need help with. First, during a power surge today my UV light blew, apparently something went wrong with the electrical mechanism because a simple bulb change didn't work. So, in a pinch, I'm trying to supplement my light source. The only thing I have available ATM is a Repitsun 5.0 bulb. I'm not growing much, I have 7 seedlings that are 2-4" in height. All of the technical stuff, I leave that to the experts because I don't understand all of the conversion stuff etc. I'm looking for better growing solutions for a small crop, frequent grows due to limited space indoors. Any advice will be much appreciated but in the meantime, will this bulb be suitable?
The reptisun 10.0 is twice the uv.... the 5.0 will work though... just keep it close to the plant.

leelee

leelee

How much money you want to spend?
I haven't given it much thought about money. Like I said, I have 7 seedlings, that's going to be my max growing. I looked at some bulbs for $200 that I'd like to get so I'm thinking that would be about what I would like to spend on it. Having said that, this is an investment that will pay for itself rather quickly so I'm not opposed to more.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I haven't given it much thought about money. Like I said, I have 7 seedlings, that's going to be my max growing. I looked at some bulbs for $200 that I'd like to get so I'm thinking that would be about what I would like to spend on it. Having said that, this is an investment that will pay for itself rather quickly so I'm not opposed to more.
How bout get a apollo 600hps and 2 reptisun 10.0s for about 200 bucks and call it good.... dont believe the fancy bulb hype bud... supplement lighting is cheaper and more efficient

leelee

leelee

How bout get a apollo 600hps and 2 reptisun 10.0s for about 200 bucks and call it good.... dont believe the fancy bulb hype bud... supplement lighting is cheaper and more efficient
That Repitsun bulb in the some 36 hours it has been on the plants has made a difference in the color of them. They were normal, healthy green, now they are a deep yet vibrant green, like super stealthy looking. The leave edges have become more defined, nodules are visible from a 4 foot distance on a 4 inch seedling.

leelee

leelee

Fair enough. Id be interested in trying them out.

The one I used the other day, Reptisun 5.0, I have it in lamp without a shade, about 6 inches away from the farthest plant and if you read above, you can see what I said about the difference in the color of the plants. They've also turned towards the bulb, like they would if they were receiving sunlight from one angle, so there's definitely something to these bulbs and this is just the smallest one.

Top Bottom