lights and electric bill

• Thread starter hemdigler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey JBB, Is it true that the electrical co charges different amounts per kwh according to what time of day it is... They charge more when it is "prime time" daytime right? So its prolly like 5-10 cents per KWH right? I can't find an old bill to look @... Is this a good range?

It's going to vary from area to area, but they do charge differently for consumption during different times. And they will also charge differently based on time of year, which coincides with higher consumption, i.e.- summer and winter, when the general public is heating and cooling the most.

Another note on the digital meters, not all of them can tell when power was used. Some of them aren't really anything to worry about, all they do is allow the company to read the numbers without having to go from house to house. Instead they can just go within close proximity to a central transmitter.

I

ismokepot

Years ago (15+) I lived in N.J. and they would charge surplus rates for continual high home usage, if maintained for a period longer than 1 year. After that time, they put a special meter on your house that monitors not only how much was used but the time it was used. Daytime rates were up to 3X more expensive- THEY WERE TRYING TO FORCE YOU TO USE YOUR POWER IN THE EVENINGS and overnight hours. NJ was/is crazy expensive for some things- for a shit-hole of a state!

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Let's just all say fuck it and overgrow the grid and all switch to our own solar systems. Yeaaahhh booiii!

dj.scotfree

dj.scotfree

Thats what I'm talkin' bout boiii!!! Maybe a windmill or 2 ;)

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
For real man! I'm talking some windmills, a turbine for my fly-fishing stream ;) and some solar panels. Everyone should get with their people, throw down on a few big ass grows (you know you've always wanted to!) and get the funds to be free and self sufficient. And that's what it is boii!!

S

Spacecadet01

For real man! I'm talking some windmills, a turbine for my fly-fishing stream ;) and some solar panels. Everyone should get with their people, throw down on a few big ass grows (you know you've always wanted to!) and get the funds to be free and self sufficient. And that's what it is boii!!

couldnt agree more...that would be the way to go

Top Bottom