Lights for 4x8 - 2 or 3 lights?

• Thread starter Lilmink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilmink

Lilmink

Looking at HLG Diablo , 650R , 600R. These are 600-650w lights. Will two be enough? I am aiming for 50w/sqft, two 600r would only be 37.5. Is this the right line of thinking ? Any other lights I should be looking at in this price range?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think 2 would be enough. I have a DIY version of the 650R that they no longer sell. In organic soil, I can easily fry the plants if I don't slowly ramp up the power and feed them heavily.

Have you used LEDs before? What's your growing style? The transition is probably easier if you are not growing organic and can more easily control nutrients from day to day.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

50w per square foot of high quality LED is a scary thought 😧 when that number was originally being thrown around that was when LEDs were not nearly as bonkers as they are now

My only recommendation would be to go with something bar style vs quantum board

Lilmink

Lilmink

I have a decent amount of experience. Room is 8x10x8, I have an 4x8 tray , 18 plants in 2 gallon pots Coco coir, drain to waste. Plan to veg 1-2 weeks.

I have the equipment for CO2 but I don't plan on using it for this run. The room is temperature controlled with AC and a dehumidifier.

What is HLG quality that offers a bar style light ?

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

The raging kush that @Moe.Red runs would work as well but much more on the higher end of the "top of the line" spectrum

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Two 1000w hid tubes dialed down to 600w. 175 each

Or 2 of those 720w spider farmers. 675 each.

Hid or led. . choose wisely lol

Lilmink

Lilmink

Two 1000w hid tubes dialed down to 600w. 175 each

Or 2 of those 720w spider farmers. 675 each.

Hid or led. . choose wisely lol
I never used hid. Always grown with LED wouldn't go backwards 😉

Crazy that that is the price difference now

2Bad

2Bad

I have a decent amount of experience. Room is 8x10x8, I have an 4x8 tray , 18 plants in 2 gallon pots Coco coir, drain to waste. Plan to veg 1-2 weeks.

I have the equipment for CO2 but I don't plan on using it for this run. The room is temperature controlled with AC and a dehumidifier.

What is HLG quality that offers a bar style light ?
I'm only on my 3rd grow so don't take this as disrespect but 2 weeks veg? You're going to spend 2.5 months flowering why don't you veg longer? Just curious is all

Lilmink

Lilmink

I'm only on my 3rd grow so don't take this as disrespect but 2 weeks veg? You're going to spend 2.5 months flowering why don't you veg longer? Just curious is all
With 18 plants in the space. It will take up similar surface area as if I were to veg 6 plants for a couple of months.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

The more plants you have the shorter your veg time can be. Its like me running 1 in a 4x4 and having to veg for 1.5 weeks, vs me running 4 and having to veg for 3 weeks. Hes running 18 so yea. Ive seen grow rooms where each plant was basically just one big bud 2 foot up at the top. The more plants you veg the lower your time can be, unless you just want to cut it all out. I havnt had to defoliate any when running 1 plant in a 4x4, but when I ran 4 plants in it, I cut damn near half of it out. So I get it to a point

Lilmink

Lilmink

Once you have some mother's and you can root clones in 7 days you don't necessarily want to wait for your plants to veg.

2Bad

2Bad

With 18 plants in the space. It will take up similar surface area as if I were to veg 6 plants for a couple of months.
Yeah I did 17 coco 1 gallon plants last grow .. They didnt grow too tall. Maybe 2.5-3ft max. Strain dependent obviously. You must have some reachers huh? I maxed out horizontal space but had a ton of vertical room left.

edit: it was 13 diff strains so many diff heights

2Bad

2Bad

I wandered a bit off topic. What I should of just asked is ...does vertical not matter? Im genuinely asking for myself because I was thinking of vegging longer

Latest posts

Top Bottom