Lights for 4x8 - 2 or 3 lights?

• Thread starter Lilmink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I wandered a bit off topic. What I should of just asked is ...does vertical not matter? Im genuinely asking for myself because I was thinking of vegging longer
Yes it does. 18 small plants will not yield what 6 plants in the same space will. Instead of 18" or larger colas, you are 9" or less.

Math gets fuzzy when you start to calculate which grow style produces more in a year, because shorter veg = faster turns.

2Bad

2Bad

To get up to 4.4 pounds in a 4x8 means there is more than just good genetics at play. Lilmink must be a master grower to boot!
Shoot idek what I yield I just smoke most of it lmaooo i'll try to weight next time now that I have clones that I cherish. I love weed man. so beautiful.

Lilmink

Lilmink

To get up to 4.4 pounds in a 4x8 means there is more than just good genetics at play. Lilmink must be a master grower to boot!
I havent done it at this scale , I am nervous 😆 last grow was 8 plants in a 3x3 pulled 486g

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Wonder why he does not list the professional level lights

I believe that chart I linked was ranking lights first and foremost on cost to run over a 3 year period. But the interesting categories I like to pay attention to are these ones

most of the budget lights excel really well in the price per watt category and the high end lights typically have elite levels efficiency.

Lilmink

Lilmink

I'm rooting for you.
So I ended up going a different direction wanted to update the group Incase others are looking for 4x4 size lights. Really appreciate the insight of the group.

I chose the Luxx Lighting 645 led pro. Already got it in the mall and set it up. Compared to my HLG Rspec and SE3000 lights the Luxx is very white, like snow white vs these others that seem more yellow white. Just an observation will update if I notice anything else.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

What strain was this? And how many days are they under 12 hours of light

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Looking at HLG Diablo , 650R , 600R. These are 600-650w lights. Will two be enough? I am aiming for 50w/sqft, two 600r would only be 37.5. Is this the right line of thinking ? Any other lights I should be looking at in this price range?
If you have a dimmer on those lights go with 3. Light intesinit is less important then light distribution

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Nope. I didn't. They were out of my price rage at the time. But at 4x4 i am running 3x siperfarm 2000 and i see that light distributin is much better then light intesity.
I had 2x 600w hps on 4x4 and now is much better.

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

Nope. I didn't. They were out of my price rage at the time. But at 4x4 i am running 3x siperfarm 2000 and i see that light distributin is much better then light intesity.
I had 2x 600w hps on 4x4 and now is much better.
4x4 is about 120x120 and for that i just boosted a littel bit of power out of those 2000 that they take about 235 each so 700 true watts is more that enaugh for led

Lilmink

Lilmink

What strain was this? And how many days are they under 12 hours of light
Mandarin cookies R1 V2 , 63 days in 12/12 . Eight plants in a 3x3 yielded 486 grams. 60.75 grams per plant.

Next run will be an 8x4 with 18 plants. Using the same techniques and adding scrogging which I did not do with the Mandarin and regret.

Anthem

Anthem

Mandarin cookies R1 V2 , 63 days in 12/12 . Eight plants in a 3x3 yielded 486 grams. 60.75 grams per plant.

Next run will be an 8x4 with 18 plants. Using the same techniques and adding scrogging which I did not do with the Mandarin and regret.
I

If we multiple that out to 18 plants you are looking at 1093.5 grams under a 4’x8’ area, or 2.4 pounds. I know there are all kind of crazy numbers thrown out on these forums. So you can take most with a grain of salt. Going from 1.2 pounds per 4’x4’ area to 2.3 per 4’x4’ area takes quite a bit more than just lights. Also take a look at some of your pictures of plants finishing. Notice the white hairs on the tops and the face going on down the cola. There are two things causing that. #1 is too much P&K at the end. #2. Is too much light, they just do not want that much light the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Lilmink

Lilmink

I

If we multiple that out to 18 plants you are looking at 1093.5 grams under a 4’x8’ area, or 2.4 pounds. I know there are all kind of crazy numbers thrown out on these forums. So you can take most with a grain of salt. Going from 1.2 pounds per 4’x4’ area to 2.3 per 4’x4’ area takes quite a bit more than just lights. Also take a look at some of your pictures of plants finishing. Notice the white hairs on the tops and the face going on down the cola. There are two things causing that. #1 is too much P&K at the end. #2. Is too much light, they just do not want that much light the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Going from 3x3 and 8 at 1.2 lb to 4x4 and 9 with scrog will definitely increase my yields. Nearly double an increase probably not but 1.75-2 lb is definitely doable with my setup , knowledge and experience.

I will look into your #1 and #2 concerns, and appreciate the feedback but those few picture do not show my grow ability as a whole. Today is day 1 of flower in this room I will be back to post my yields in 70 or so days. No matter if it's high or low.

Anthem

Anthem

Going from 3x3 and 8 at 1.2 lb to 4x4 and 9 with scrog will definitely increase my yields. Nearly double an increase probably not but 1.75-2 lb is definitely doable with my setup , knowledge and experience.

I will look into your #1 and #2 concerns, and appreciate the feedback but those few picture do not show my grow experience as a whole. Today is day 1 of flower in this room I will be back to post my yields in 70 or so days. No matter if it's high or low.
To be perfectly honest with you. I have pulled the numbers you are calling out in a 4’ 8’ area. This is not some made up new math way. But trimmed in the final bag weight. I know what it takes to get 2 plus pounds per light. Never hit 3 and I doubt I can. 2.75 a few times. You will at a minimum need to add CO2 and probably additional equipment to hit those numbers. As you increase light and CO2 the plants needs change. The harder you run the plant the more challenging managing the balance of the plants needs it becomes.

Top Bottom