Lights for flower

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Hi guys. So I am a first time grower. Was planning on building two grow boxes one for flower one for veg. However it would take up almost all my room to have both with my space. So.... was thinking about vegging in an empty closet with an led to eliminate heat. However right now I am using a 315 lec and it’s working great but puts off too much heat for a closet I think. So my question is would I still get decent yields with two 315 lec lights for flower. Originally planned on using a single bigger light for flower but now that I already have one just thought I would see what the forums thought before I do anything. Thanks

Greenthumbjohnny

Greenthumbjohnny

I currently use two 315 LECs and the yields are excellent! I previously used HPS for years and they are tried and true as everyone knows. I was looking for power savings, so I took a leap of faith on the LECs and never regretted it. The 2 LECs use about 704 watts compared to my HPS that was over 1k. I am yielding the same and saving power so it was a win for me and I never looked back. Now don’t get me wrong HPS is great! However, I was in the same situation you are currently in. Closet, limited space etc. If you can, vent the closet for sure. Also a side note, some LED lights put off more heat that you think. I would suggest looking at some T5 lighting. I use two or four 54w T5’s 6500k depending on the situation for seedlings/cuttings and early veg. I love my 2 LECs and plan on ordering another for just veg with the 4200k bulb. Buy the 2nd LEC you wont regret it! Good luck, Happy growing!

B

Burned Haze

As a suggestion Use your LEC/cmh for veg stage dominantly vs flower stage ...I use mine for that ( on light rails, great lights and they make the plants have good inner nodes and the replacement light vs a my way better )

now dedicate a led for flower and run co2 and the environment vs hps is higher so therefore your vpd ( dehumidifier and a/c won’t be pushed as hard when lights)

hps= 75-78f
Led= 80-84

& ^ this is canopy temps! Following temps and humidity levels will be 40-60% better and your plants will thrive. My de’s and tradional hps are just sitting in my lung room and I offered them to many people lol

Good vpd guide:

For second grow tent or box, as a suggestion for brands for your led ( don’t know your size but guessing it’s small, you can obviously look around after on the website )

Timber Model 3VL

HLG 225 is equivalent to 315W CMH

you gotta pay you play, remember those reflectors & bulbs year (it will pay for itself in first few rounds ... duh ) .. everyone is different eh

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi guys. So I am a first time grower. Was planning on building two grow boxes one for flower one for veg. However it would take up almost all my room to have both with my space. So.... was thinking about vegging in an empty closet with an led to eliminate heat. However right now I am using a 315 lec and it’s working great but puts off too much heat for a closet I think. So my question is would I still get decent yields with two 315 lec lights for flower. Originally planned on using a single bigger light for flower but now that I already have one just thought I would see what the forums thought before I do anything. Thanks
Hi, welcome, What size space do you have
Check out https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/bigcubes-grow-show-and-tell.104863/
to see what can be done in a small space.

I built this box for seedlings and starters that's fixed a flaw in my system. I vent with a fan I pulled from an old xbox I had and a 12v adapter from an old shaver.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
As a suggestion Use your LEC/cmh for veg stage dominantly vs flower stage ...I use mine for that ( on light rails, great lights and they make the plants have good inner nodes and the replacement light vs a my way better )

now dedicate a led for flower and run co2 and the environment vs hps is higher so therefore your vpd ( dehumidifier and a/c won’t be pushed as hard when lights)

hps= 75-78f
Led= 80-84

& ^ this is canopy temps! Following temps and humidity levels will be 40-60% better and your plants will thrive. My de’s and tradional hps are just sitting in my lung room and I offered them to many people lol

Good vpd guide:

For second grow tent or box, as a suggestion for brands for your led ( don’t know your size but guessing it’s small, you can obviously look around after on the website )

Timber Model 3VL

HLG 225 is equivalent to 315W CMH

you gotta pay you play, remember those reflectors & bulbs year (it will pay for itself in first few rounds ... duh ) .. everyone is different eh
Nice stuff but Wow the price, There's not much savings when there's so much output to buy top line equipment. I'd like the both HLG 550's but way out of my league.

Sure nice lights are great but.

I don't believe it necessary to spend a whack of cash on fancy lights. The quality of the weed comes from more than lighting, a good grower can grow monster killer buds with $50 lights. The environment, genetics, TLC & skills play the major roll.

I think you give BigCube a cup full of sand, a 60w incandescent light and an old seed and he'll grow a 3 ft flowering monster bud in 3 months.😍😍

Latest posts

Top Bottom