Lights off temp help plz

• Thread starter Adam626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

I tried that qnd there was moisture build up on the walls of the tent.
You need to add a dehumidifier to get rid of the excess moisture in the air...along with trying to scavenge some of that heat you’re exhausting... Monitor and control the humidity in those tents or face the danger of PM.

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

OK they'll grow at them temps but not optimum. So having read that buy a inkbird ITC. Avaliable on amazon. I would plug your light and intake air fans into the cooling part of the plug and a heater on the heat part set at say 24.c for now until you learn vpd. So that's your room temp now set to self adjust itself to 24.c. I would also say to make sure your fans are big enough volume for tent but you already can get below 20.c so forget that for now. When your speed controlled exhaust is on lowest do you maintain negative pressure to keep any unwanted smells getting out. Easy way too tell is your tent will be sucked in not puffed out. If so that's ok. Now here's where it gets tricky you need to work out how much it takes to get the room up to the humidity we need. Your humidifier my be no where near what you need and underpowered the range is say 40% to 70% so over do it so you can achieve 70% then but the inkbird humidity version. Then you could set it to anything below 70% via the ink bird on off switch. Here's where you learn vpd chart as you can control the humidity and temperature of the room. Now you can level it out accordingly. But remember moulds in flowers ideally you'd like to control humidity via fans not to bring extra moisture in room that could condense. Once a full canopy is set and flowers are in motion you want enough humidity coming from plants not humidifiers. Possibly needing dehumidifier at that point you can plug that into inkbird , you might not need it. That's a cost effective way. The fact your thinking like this you'll do well you never stop learning mate. Keep at it hope this helps you a little. nuggz
Hey Nuggz

My tent is in my basement temp varies from 16c to 19c. I have a humidifier in the tent right now. I dont know what type of on/off switch I would need or when it should be turned off. I do intend to buy a timer for the fan so it can be put on for 15mins out of qn hour. Qnd the exhaust fan already has a speed control on it which is set on the lowest setting.

Dr.B

Dr.B

What is a lung room
The room my tents occupy or wherever you are piping in your air from is your lung room. I look at it that way, came across the term on this site someway. It's warm and relatively humid 40% in my lung at all times.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I keep my lung room at 40% humidity and 19 degrees c

Mr.G

Keymaker

Keymaker

I run passive intakes so I grow different temps all year. On really cold weeks my temps have gotten to 58 lights off. Right now been a mild winter it says above 65 72-78 during lights on I’ve never noticed significant slow growth. Still get 1.5-2 a light winter or summer. I leave my fans on high 24/7 I rather air exchange than a few degrees you might old in for a few minutes Longer. My humidity stays between 50-65. Some said if you were locked in a room At 75 and you’d go into shock at 65....You’d probably sleep pretty good at least I do working outside 10 hours in 100 plus weather I set my ac at 60 and sleep like a baby. As long as you have good are exchange and fans circulating it’ll be fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom