Lights out. Humidifier or exhaust fan. Or both

• Thread starter geralds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geralds

geralds

Hey guys I have a quick question about humidity spikes at lights out. I’m running a sealed room and I’ve been having slight pm issues due to high RH at night. I’ve since bought another dehu so I have the correct dehumidification now for my size room. My question is do you guys still run a exhaust fan for a while at lights out then have the dehu come on after the exhaust shuts off? Or Run one or the other, or both?
Thanks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i run my exhaust and intake fan and filter 24/7,my clip on fan inside only with lights on,i dont have a controled room either,far as that goes no ac or heat just forced wind

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I run both but I keep my exhaust fan on a temp controller so it only it turns on when the room gets too warm. Which happens about once every 20-30min in the dark cycle with the dehu running. Without some form of temp control the dehu will heat the room up quite a bit. Completely sealed rooms usually use a mini split or commercial AC to counteract the heat from the dehu. But I know some sealed growers who still prefer to vent at night, and only seal up for the day when they're running Co2. But always dehu in the dark.

geralds

geralds

thanks guys I've found that the humidity stays where I want it without the exhaust fan on. Ive just been leaving it off and having the dehus do the work

Top Bottom