lights

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jagle

jagle

heya everyone, im workin on putting together my own growbox here, gonna go 2*2*4 i reckon, anyway, im gonna go cfl this first time around get a grow or 2 under my belt and then hopefully upgrade, just curious, im having a hard time getting any lights that arnt 2700k, wondering what would be the issues with using these in veg as well as flower, am i right in thinking they will cause the plant to stretch alot? also a mate of mine said he might be able to get some 4000k, would 4000k be a good substitute for the 2700k in the veg cycle, thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, they could cause some stretch, but here's the thing--I started mixing the daylight (6500K) bulbs with the warm whites (2700K) and my babies look *really* good in terms of stretch, and transitioning to the HID lights from the CFL/T8 fluoro setup I use is no problem at all. So, I would mix them up. 4000K is still a little bit on the warm side, hopefully you'll be able to find something that has a bit more push on that blue end.

What about just going with fluoro tubes mixed with CFLs? Fluoro tubes give you horizontal coverage that CFLs just don't, it's why I like to mix them up.

I've never flowered anything under any sort of fluorescent lighting, just so you can qualify my answers.

Z

Zissou Intern

totally man, i'd go with a flourescent fixture like a t-5 or a t-8.... give a little more sanity to the set up, instead of having like 8 cords and a buncha mess in such a small area.

home depot/lowes has the super simple fixtures that are sold on most hydro sites.

i flowered my first year under a t-5 with another t-5 as side lighting. just as comparable as my HID honest, but that was mainly due to the side fixture. i can totally see how with just overhead flouro you'd end up with airy nug and a poor yield.

if your goin 2x2 htg has a 2' 6 bulb (the 8 is too wide) that may accommodate your needs nicely

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It would probably help if we pointed him toward UK/EU sources, looks like he's across the pond.

I have friends who use nothing but low wattage HIDs combined with CFL or other fluoro lighting, and lemme tell ya, Zissou, their buds look pretty fine.

Z

Zissou Intern

oh yeah i definitely had zero complaints about mine. but having switched to HID i can see a difference. nothing drastic, especially concerning personal grow, cfl's definitely get the job done.

totally didnt notice your country mang my bad... stoney bologna

jagle

jagle

thanks guys, ya well i was gonna have 4-6 100watts on top and 4 on the sides to give some side light, im probably only gonna be going with 2-3 plants at a time so a HID is outta the question untill i can get a bit more space, plus its just personal use. ya thinking a mix of 2700k and some 6500k, guess ill have to rty get some online

lazarus718

lazarus718

thanks guys, ya well i was gonna have 4-6 100watts on top and 4 on the sides to give some side light, im probably only gonna be going with 2-3 plants at a time so a HID is outta the question untill i can get a bit more space, plus its just personal use. ya thinking a mix of 2700k and some 6500k, guess ill have to rty get some online

HID's are never out of the question, they are exactly what you should be shooting for even with 2-3 plants. I grow for myself, my fiancee and my bro and run a 400W MH/HPS light now for 3 plants. My first indoor harvest with the HPS I brought in around 6 ounces dried off two plants, and it was grown from bagseed. My closet space is tiny until we move to a bigger house this summer but I could easily fit six in the space I have. If you can come up with the $ go with HID.

T

trusmoker

tent_lights_an_plants_in_veg.jpg
i started mine off with eviro lites/cfl 2 x 125w blue spectrums in my tent and the did stretch a bit lol id go for more bulbs pal
peace ts

Top Bottom