Likelihood of bag seed to herm

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So I found four seeds in a huge (like 2+ inches long) nug of Skunk Hero from a local dispensary. They are brown, spotted, and look viable. My question is, essentially, how likely is it these seeds would herm? Obviously I could just run them and find out but I have a plant maximum I am staying under so running bad seeds would be a bummer. Males at least I can collect pollen.

I will probably run them at some point just out of curiosity but I am kind of prioritizing right now and thought maybe someone would have some good wisdom.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The plot thickens. This is from the breeder this strain comes from:

Their feminized seeds are created using 'Alpha Feminized Technology'; this revolutionary method of creating 100% female seeds ensures the mother plants go through no stress in producing feminized pollen. This creates more vigorous offspring with less hermaphroditic tendencies, ensuring less problems for the grower.

Uhh?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The plot thickens. This is from the breeder this strain comes from:

Their feminized seeds are created using 'Alpha Feminized Technology'; this revolutionary method of creating 100% female seeds ensures the mother plants go through no stress in producing feminized pollen. This creates more vigorous offspring with less hermaphroditic tendencies, ensuring less problems for the grower.

Uhh?

You got a hermie seed :P which means you have a 50/50 chance of producing a hermie plant.

Good luck

Go forth and make nature your bitch.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You got a hermie seed :P which means you have a 50/50 chance of producing a hermie plant.

Good luck

Go forth and make nature your bitch.
So if I run four of these and I'm nice to them the odds are good that one won't suck?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Mathamatically speaking yes.

nature however may make you her bitch..

50/50 chance on each seed.
The high I get from the bud is on the shorter side, with lower THC than normal for the strain (prob cause it is seeded). That said, it is a great Skunk high that takes me back to what I first thought of as good weed, and the stone after aint bad.....

So if I did manage to grow one that didn't have issues, that would be a nice couple ounces of bud...but yes, I could just be SOL after like 6 or so weeks of growing lol. Hm.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I've always read hermie seeds have a 50/50 chance of producing hermie plants ?
I was just wondering if you could reference a credible article on the subject of intersex traits in plants or if you were just regurgitating information that you had come across that may or may not be accurate. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I was just wondering if you could reference a credible article on the subject of intersex traits in plants or if you were just regurgitating information that you had come across that may or may not be accurate. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I mean regurgitating is a little strong, Its posted all over this forum.. And the guy who gave me the Chemdog #4 seeds last month said to be careful cause they came from a room that seeded.

I would chalk the Lack of credible science behind this to it being a perpetual story told from growers who've experienced it?

Do you have credible evidence to suggest the numbers are any better or worse or are you just being kind of a dick ?

Positive vibes tho :D

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I mean regurgitating is a little strong, Its posted all over this forum.. And the guy who gave me the Chemdog #4 seeds last month said to be careful cause they came from a room that seeded.

I would chalk the Lack of credible science behind this to it being a perpetual story told from growers who've experienced it?

Do you have credible evidence to suggest the numbers are any better or worse or are you just being kind of a dick ?

Positive vibes tho :D
I am not really sure how I was being a dick at all. I do apologize if me asking you a question hurt your feelings. I do not have any credible evidence that supports either way, but that is why I didn't come in this thread posting statistics. I just always think it is humorous how opinions quickly become facts (especially when it comes to growing cannabis) when one person reads them a few places and then passes them on as factual knowledge. Not really sure why you seem to be offended by my question. I hope your day gets better. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've always read hermie seeds have a 50/50 chance of producing hermie plants ?

This is a completely made up statistic. I have planted many “bag seeds” from my own plants that reversed some from stress and not one of them has reversed in the new grow. If the stress that reversed the original plant that made seeds is removed the plant will likely not reverse.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I am not really sure how I was being a dick at all. I do apologize if me asking you a question hurt your feelings. I do not have any credible evidence that supports either way, but that is why I didn't come in this thread posting statistics. I just always think it is humorous how opinions quickly become facts (especially when it comes to growing cannabis) when one person reads them a few places and then passes them on as factual knowledge. Not really sure why you seem to be offended by my question. I hope your day gets better. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Feelings hurt no, Just the way you asked and came at me with it.. *shrugs* I just said kind of a dick not a full on dick. like 50% dick.. A dimmable dick.

So you have no evidence to suggest one way or the other but demand i provide proof to back up my post..

Ugh i can't even begin to explain to you how fucking stupid that is.. Find your own evidence its not my job to back up my posts because YOU fucking demanded i do so..

Who tho fuck are you.. :D

Peace and positive vibes tho.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
This is a completely made up statistic. I have planted many “bag seeds” from my own plants that reversed some from stress and not one of them has reversed in the new grow. If the stress that reversed the original plant that made seeds is removed the plant will likely not reverse.

it very well may be.. Its a debatable topic much like flushing i would say people are gonna argue over it.

I would use caution when growing hermie seeds just to be on the safe side anyway. Caution never hurt anyone :D

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Feelings hurt no, Just the way you asked and came at me with it.. *shrugs* I just said kind of a dick not a full on dick. like 50% dick.. A dimmable dick.

So you have no evidence to suggest one way or the other but demand i provide proof to back up my post..

Ugh i can't even begin to explain to you how fucking stupid that is.. Find your own evidence its not my job to back up my posts because YOU fucking demanded i do so..

I disagree. You posted a “fact” that you read. If someone challenges it is your responsibility to show proof.

If you cant you shouldnt have posted the “fact”

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Wow. I never demanded anything. I literally just asked a question and then you proceeded to call me names haha. You seem fairly worked up about the whole situation. If you have any cannabis around, maybe burn it and do your best to inhale it. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

it very well may be.. Its a debatable topic much like flushing i would say people are gonna argue over it.

I would use caution when growing hermie seeds just to be on the safe side anyway. Caution never hurt anyone :D

I would say it is more important to know where the seeds came from and how they were bred and grown.

I am not promoting growing unknown bag seeds. I am saying that the statement 50% will hermie is ridiculous.

Being careful is always a good idea.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Wow. I never demanded anything. I literally just asked a question and then you proceeded to call me names haha. You seem fairly worked up about the whole situation. If you have any cannabis around, maybe burn it and do your best to inhale it. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Poorly worded my bad, its hot.. im cranky :D

But still the way you asked rubbed me the wrong way. Guess that's text on a screen for ya..

Positive vibes :)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I would say it is more important to know where the seeds came from and how they were bred and grown.

I am not promoting growing unknown bag seeds. I am saying that the statement 50% will hermie is ridiculous.

Being careful is always a good idea.

I wouldn't say its anymore ridiculous then saying you have a 50/50 chance at growing a male plant from a non fem seed.

Its just a chance.. 50/50 lol its not like im saying omg you have a 41.7% chance of producing a hermie but only if you germ in a wet paper towel on sunday.. and a 58.3% chance of no herm if you do it on a tuesday night with toilet water from the local pub.

Its just a 50% chance much like say you have a 50% chance of shitting your pants if you don't get to the toilet in time.. unlikely as it may be for most of us.. theres still a chance.

And given this guys story of the seed from a femenized lot... Id say 50% is a good bet. ?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Poorly worded my bad, its hot.. im cranky :D

But still the way you asked rubbed me the wrong way. Guess that's text on a screen for ya..

Positive vibes :)
Truly not my intention at all. We all have our days. No hard feelings from me. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Top Bottom