Medium is way too hot. That twisted dark green says nitrogen toxicity of the highest degree.
Yes! In fact I’ve seen this on tomato plants and bell peppers before. Of the plants I saw do that some where from bad spring weather but they recovered, and others had disease or some kind of infestation. In fact one tomato plant had a hole at the base of its trunk when I pulled it.Almost looks like a form of peach leaf curl except on pot.
This most likely has to do with the fecal matter and it causing bacteria to grow I. The soil.Hi all! This is my first indoor grow and wow has it been a learning experience! I have had this issue with my ladies since they were around 4 weeks old (now 8 weeks old). It started out with a little canoeing, so I read about causes of canoeing and thought it could be a watering problem (which I did realize around the same time that I wasn’t letting them dry out enough). So I decreased the watering, but it got worse. Of course, then the fungus gnats came in, so I dried everyone out and put yellow cards with tanglefoot on them. I lightly misted some of the flying gnats with water mixed with about a teaspoon of dish soap in a 32oz spray bottle and that killed many of them. (Now that I’m going through everything in my head, that may have been the killer right there ). The problem continued to get worse and all of the plants are affected now.
The leaves are very deformed and thick and actually appear to have growths coming from the leaves themselves. I have found zero information or pictures that look like this though some broad mite pictures looked a little similar. I figure these girls are goners, but I need to figure this out before I start again. Growing outside kept me on my toes sometimes, but my hat’s off to those who have indoor growing nailed down. It is a lot to learn, but I’m determined to nail it too, eventually.
Here’s some pics and I filled out the questions from the read first post. I greatly appreciate any advice offered for this or anything in general!
View attachment 1218248 View attachment 1218248 View attachment 1218251 View attachment 1218252
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? SEED
2. How old are your plants? 8 WEEKS
3. How tall are your plants? 1’ to 2’
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 GAL
5. What is your soil mix? POTTING SOIL AND COMPOSTED RABBIT MANURE MIXED WITH SOME NOT COMPOSTED (not fresh but not degraded yet)
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? WHEN ISSUE STARTED I WAS WATERING 2x WEEKLY PLUS A FERTILIZER DAY, NOW ONLY WHEN POTS ARE LIGHT PLUS ONE FERTILIZER DAY. I HAVE WELL WATER.
7. What is the pH of your water? 6
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? MIRACLEGRO ORGANICS 11-3-8 DILUTED TO 1 PROVIDED TEASPOON FOR ONE GALLON. ONE GALLON SPREAD BETWEEN 7 PLANTS
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? NO
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") LED 3500W TOTAL
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 4’
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 24
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 70-73F/Humidity 45-55%
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? FUNGUS GNATS
16. How much experience do you have growing? 1st INDOOR GROW