Limbo stage after Nute burn😥

• Thread starter prtcleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prtcleman

prtcleman

Hello all, first post, so here goes!!!
I live in Southern Ontario, & what a beautiful summer we had. On top of that, legalization occurred. So harvesting time is upon us for many.
so much fun & now no more worrying about being discovered growing weed. 😁
Funniest thing i saw so far was a peel Region police car retuning a pot plant stolen, back to the owner. It was large enough that half the plant was sticking thru the back open window. 😂Talk about an air freshener in a cop car... My how times have changed.!
So moving on, my 4 legal plants that I have now were were late planted in the season, so they weren’t close to harvest, so I purchased a 4x4x8 tent & all the bells & whistles.
Deciding wether LCD or CMH. Vacuum fan CFM, Where to place the air inlets, timetables for lights on & off & feeding of nutes.
Lotta new growing pains I’d say!
so here’s why I’m posting!!!
After setting all the hardware up nicely, then putting my lovelies inside the tent,prior checking for bugs, removing as many as possible, (there were virtually none), all operating systems green, placing them inside the tent,
I decided to add nutes to my soil based Ladies & sure enough, Nute burn occurred. After 2 weeks. All was good first, then I noticed a drooping set of leaves one morning. It was too much at a time. Didn’t realize less is better At first...
I put nutes in every watering. burned all my sun leaves and many little ones surrounding the flowers. Immediately I flushed the soil repeatedly & have saved the plants but now after 2 weeks, they are in limbo. I see flower growth but sure shocked my plants. Bummer. This is were patience comes in I guess. I know they will bounce back but what a shitty thing.
Hope newbies are reading this & take caution. 😲
I found out that my basement humidity and temp was going to be the set point & that temp with LED’s was lower than the CMH bulbs.
I had my fans blowing the leaves around like crazy, then realized that if I pointed my fan to the ceiling, it was lest damaging for wind burn. A gentle dancing of leaves was best for them.
I also bought a speed control for my fan to slow down half the vacuum in my tent. I have a 4 inch Typhoon, i have 2-8 inch intakes at the bottom of my tent. I turn it up when I need it like too much humidity build up, perhaps because of watering. I have just a slight concave to my tent, just enough air coming in to keep fresh air always. It runs 24 hours as some vacuum fans don’t like the on & off thing. Specially with a speed control connected.
I read that Costco LED 19W lights were not enough to grow but I have 3 hung inside & they work fine so far.
This is my opinion, & I know others may dispute,
maybe next grow I’ll use the 315 CMH light hanging inside. That’ll obviously change the temp inside to much higher than the 70 degrees I have right now.
I bought a ph & soil wetness tester, too much liquid is no good in the ground. PH levels in my tap water were fine. I am below 7.
I place a inch of gravel in my bottom of the pots to give good drainage. This way the soil doesn’t plug up the holes. I also water my plans on the far outside of the pot to train my roots to spread out.
I hope what I wrote helps someone starting out.
Feel free to correct me if needed.
thanks, wishing success in your crops.
Prtcleman🤓

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It sounds like you have learned a lot in your first grow... but you learned the hard way! Lower nutes levels have always been my "thing" and I usually feed about every 2 weeks while growing in Promix. n my opinion, most newer growers don't use enough light, regardless if it is CMH, HID, or LED. I think that you will benefit from upgrading your lights, which is the #1 growing factor if everything else is in line. My grow room reaches the lower to mid 80s and has no problems at all , so you seem to be OK with your temps. You have discovered many of the small tweaks that make the difference between a decent grow and a good grow. Your experience will grow as you continue to grow, and you seem to be heading in the right direction.
Moderation seems to be the key to growing... along with patience. Plants grow on their own schedule and no amount of light or nutrients will speed up the process much. It sounds like you are doing well... keep up the good work!

prtcleman

prtcleman

It sounds like you have learned a lot in your first grow... but you learned the hard way! Lower nutes levels have always been my "thing" and I usually feed about every 2 weeks while growing in Promix. n my opinion, most newer growers don't use enough light, regardless if it is CMH, HID, or LED. I think that you will benefit from upgrading your lights, which is the #1 growing factor if everything else is in line. My grow room reaches the lower to mid 80s and has no problems at all , so you seem to be OK with your temps. You have discovered many of the small tweaks that make the difference between a decent grow and a good grow. Your experience will grow as you continue to grow, and you seem to be heading in the right direction.
Moderation seems to be the key to growing... along with patience. Plants grow on their own schedule and no amount of light or nutrients will speed up the process much. It sounds like you are doing well... keep up the good work!
Interesting u would say the light strength is a big issue.
I’ll switch to the CMH with the next batch & see, my plants took a big hit with the Nute fry, and I think small changes would be better for their health in this weak stage. It’s all very xciting to learn with success. I do appreciate your reply & kind words. Makes me feel like I’m not such a Bad crop killer. lol 😂
THC Farmer crew, awsome forum!!!
Thanks🤙🏻

ZJB88

ZJB88

You’ll see a vast (probably double) the output in yeild with the CMH. You can grow plant with a flashlight, but in flower is where it really counts. Ditch those crappy LEDs ASAP is my best advice, especially if you have the best light ever sitting idle. Those 315s will pound out, the LEDs will not!

prtcleman

prtcleman

You’ll see a vast (probably double) the output in yeild with the CMH. You can grow plant with a flashlight, but in flower is where it really counts. Ditch those crappy LEDs ASAP is my best advice, especially if you have the best light ever sitting idle. Those 315s will pound out, the LEDs will not!
After I read your reply, I ran downstairs and removed the LED lights.
Tommorow morning the CMH comes on. Thankyou Z man!..

ZJB88

ZJB88

If they’re sick and recovering you may want to wait just yet, I would wait until they are actively growing again before hitting them hard with a strong light. Then keep that new light high, and gradually bring it down over time if you choose to do so. I always find with plants it’s best to take your time with any sorts of changes. They will not have ever been exposed to UV yet, so just like us they can burn at first. The cmh will have loads of UV so definitely wear glasses in the grow room with that one 🤘. (UV is good for resin production). And watch your temperature with the new light too, it will run significantly hotter in a grow space with them so be aware of that if you aren’t. You may or may not have the ventilation power already. But if you have none, you will definitely need some with that light. Happy growing.👍

prtcleman

prtcleman

If they’re sick and recovering you may want to wait just yet, I would wait until they are actively growing again before hitting them hard with a strong light. Then keep that new light high, and gradually bring it down over time if you choose to do so. I always find with plants it’s best to take your time with any sorts of changes. They will not have ever been exposed to UV yet, so just like us they can burn at first. The cmh will have loads of UV so definitely wear glasses in the grow room with that one 🤘. (UV is good for resin production). And watch your temperature with the new light too, it will run significantly hotter in a grow space with them so be aware of that if you aren’t. You may or may not have the ventilation power already. But if you have none, you will definitely need some with that light. Happy growing.👍
Hmmmm, well said. I did turn the light on but put it 13 inches away from the tallest plant & used my hand to feel the heat amount which was very very little. Figured slow intro. like u said.
The Tempis at 80 degrees & humidity is at 51 now
Glasses, never thought about that. Thankyou, I’ll get propper. regular sunglasses with UV protect is fine?
Thanks for your support. I’m greatful

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Hmmmm, well said. I did turn the light on but put it 13 inches away from the tallest plant & used my hand to feel the heat amount which was very very little. Figured slow intro. like u said.
The Tempis at 80 degrees & humidity is at 51 now
Glasses, never thought about that. Thankyou, I’ll get propper. regular sunglasses with UV protect is fine?
Thanks for your support. I’m greatful
I forgot to mention that CMH emit a considerable amount of UV, so it might be a good idea to keep using your LEDs and give the plants increasing exposure to the CMH light (start with an hour and increase an hour until you get to about 8 hours, which should give the plants a chance to grow hardened against the UV light. Without a gradual introduction, UV can burn plants pretty badly.

prtcleman

prtcleman

I’d Better drive home quickly to do that. Thanks for the tip. They basked in the light since 6 am🤭

prtcleman

prtcleman

Good morning Z man, I’m well, hope u have an awsome day. Thanks for checking in on me. I reinstalled my lights & now I’m running my LED lights for the 12 hours but started to turn on the CMH for an hour in the middle of the lights on period.. Should I shut my LED off then run CMH or can I run them together? The CMH is very high up. Or should I do something else to ease the UV in?

prtcleman

prtcleman

I forgot to mention that CMH emit a considerable amount of UV, so it might be a good idea to keep using your LEDs and give the plants increasing exposure to the CMH light (start with an hour and increase an hour until you get to about 8 hours, which should give the plants a chance to grow hardened against the UV light. Without a gradual introduction, UV can burn plants pretty badly.
Alls good on the farm Dr. J.
ive set the LEDs on 11 hours & the last hour the CMH.
There were no smoke signal coming from my Tee Pee when I got home. Lol have a great day

prtcleman

prtcleman

question gentleman,,,,
I have 2 more seedlings about 5 tall growing in the LED lights .
I bought another grow tent & wanted to start them separately, from my limbo/recuperating plants tent because they came from outside as mentioned. I’d also like to clone & or plant more come early spring time, Keeping everything sanitary, It’s a 2x3x6. What choice of lighting would you choose?
I have climate control for this tent aswell.
Thankyou🤔

ZJB88

ZJB88

I’m sure both lights together is fine man if you got that cmh up high. And I’m all about my new CMH. The advantages are many with those lights. I would get a 630w for flower and use the 315w for the veg tent if it were me. (That’s exactly what I’m planning on running myself too). Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom