limescale from Humidifer ?

• Thread starter bobby34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby34

Im in a hard water area and dont have an RO filter as of yet!, Could i get away with a 5 micron filter to supply my humidifier and not get limescale covering the grow room??.

Cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No. Microns are for particulates, physical material. RO and DI (deionization) get at the minerals that are dissolved in the water column.

Cort

Cort

If no RO filter, it might be best to hit the 5 gallon vending machine and just use that water for the humidifier. The machine near me puts out 2ppm.

It wasnt cost effective source of water to grow with, but should be fine for this.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cool mist humidifiers are fine, but they do get build-up. The thing is, the fine mist spray they put out absolutely will leave deposits if you're using tap water or other hard water sources. That's what I understood the OP to be asking about. I'm talking about the home use humidifiers.

B

bobby34

yeah ive only got tap water for the moment, Spent far too much on the set up so dont have any spare change for an RO unit. One plus is my opticlimate will produce RO from the condenser outlet so i will use this to top up the humidifer as much as poss

Top Bottom