Limp leaves

• Thread starter Pixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pixie

Pixie

I just repoted her a couple days ago, her leaves seem very limp 😩 have I over watered ?? This is my first plant, ideas ?

Limp leaves
az2000

az2000

How often do you water? What soil are you using? I don't see much perlite. I bet it takes a while to dry sufficiently between waterings.

I've never grown outdoors. I think the side of the container could get hot in the sun. I would shade it. I remember seeing a forum post where the plant looked overwatered, but it turned out to be the black plastic container getting hot in the sun (plus it was sitting on a concrete walkway which got hot in the sun too).

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Overwatering may be an issue. It may also be transplant shock. You probably should have transplanted a couple weeks ago, your plant has already begun flowering which induces it’s own level of stress. I would try a foliar feeding with just kelp, it would help relieve some of the stress.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks a little shaken up but not bad, IMHO. he roots will take a little while to grow in, so keep it a little on the less wet side for a few days to encourage the roots to seek out more water. Once they get established, I'm sure they will perk back up. The idea of the container getting too hot is a good concern. Painting it white will help a lotif you can't shade it at all. The leaves are a little droopy, but they don't look damaged or injured. Give them a few days and I'll bet they will be right as rain!

Pixie

Pixie

How often do you water? What soil are you using? I don't see much perlite. I bet it takes a while to dry sufficiently between waterings.

I've never grown outdoors. I think the side of the container could get hot in the sun. I would shade it. I remember seeing a forum post where the plant looked overwatered, but it turned out to be the black plastic container getting hot in the sun (plus it was sitting on a concrete walkway which got hot in the sun too).
It looks a little shaken up but not bad, IMHO. he roots will take a little while to grow in, so keep it a little on the less wet side for a few days to encourage the roots to seek out more water. Once they get established, I'm sure they will perk back up. The idea of the container getting too hot is a good concern. Painting it white will help a lotif you can't shade it at all. The leaves are a little droopy, but they don't look damaged or injured. Give them a few days and I'll bet they will be right as rain!
Thank you so much I feel much better 👍😃

Top Bottom