Liquid Jade Octane Tent 2- 4X4 or 1- 4X8 Overkill or not?

• Thread starter Sparky75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sparky75

Sparky75

Is this tent overpriced for the grow tent environment? Most other tents are much cheaper, but I want sturdy poles, good zippers, and a good environment to grow. I just don't know if it is overkill and a basic tent that is cheaper is a wiser investment and give me a little more money for other things. I appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Sparky75

Sparky75

I can do a 5x5, 6x4 tent or a 5 x 10 tent. Just looking for the best bang for the buck.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I am by no way a tent expert since I finally ran on for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I just got a cheap $129 Opulent 4 x 8 off Amazon. Works great with 2 - 630's hanging from the poles. 8in fan sitting on top of the tent exhausting air. I think this tent supports up to 2 - 10 or 12 in ducting adjustable down to 6-8. has 2 or 4 - 4in. 2 6-8in and then 4 passive intakes along the bottom. Honestly the tent is going to just keep light out. As long as it does that it will work. I doubt the 400 dollar tents are made from a different company vs the 120 dollar ones. They prob all come out of 2 factories in China. If I wasnt running A/C already in my basement for my other rooms it would prob be hard to keep the tent in a decent range with passive intakes an a single 8in on non vented hoods (arent even 1k's). I would have to stick some serious fans on it or A/C in the tent or go crazy air cooled on some hoods.

It isnt the most sturdy tent as far as poles go but it works and does the job fine. Not sure what you plan on hanging from the tent that you would need it built like a tank. With that being said I'm not sure if the poles would hold something like a Magnum XXXL's (brick shit houses as I like to call them) I run in my rooms without reinforcement but they might. Have to have some small ass plants to be running 1k's in it honestly with the height of most tents. Also it isnt a true 4 x 8. 2 in shy on each end. Would have fucked me if I was trying to cram a 4x8 ebb table in there so I built one so the passive intakes sit right below the table and no light bleed.

IMG 1839

IMG 1841

Sparky75

Sparky75

I am by no way a tent expert since I finally ran on for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I just got a cheap $129 Opulent 4 x 8 off Amazon. Works great with 2 - 630's hanging from the poles. 8in fan sitting on top of the tent exhausting air. I think this tent supports up to 2 - 10 or 12 in ducting adjustable down to 6-8. has 2 or 4 - 4in. 2 6-8in and then 4 passive intakes along the bottom. Honestly the tent is going to just keep light out. As long as it does that it will work. I doubt the 400 dollar tents are made from a different company vs the 120 dollar ones. They prob all come out of 2 factories in China. If I wasnt running A/C already in my basement for my other rooms it would prob be hard to keep the tent in a decent range with passive intakes an a single 8in on non vented hoods (arent even 1k's). I would have to stick some serious fans on it or A/C in the tent or go crazy air cooled on some hoods.

It isnt the most sturdy tent as far as poles go but it works and does the job fine. Not sure what you plan on hanging from the tent that you would need it built like a tank. With that being said I'm not sure if the poles would hold something like a Magnum XXXL's (brick shit houses as I like to call them) I run in my rooms without reinforcement but they might. Have to have some small ass plants to be running 1k's in it honestly with the height of most tents. Also it isnt a true 4 x 8. 2 in shy on each end. Would have fucked me if I was trying to cram a 4x8 ebb table in there so I built one so the passive intakes sit right below the table and no light bleed.

View attachment 914481

View attachment 914482

I will be running in the basement as well where it is much cooler. I will be hanging 2 led lights @ 22.8lbs (45.6 lbs) , 4 red lights @ 5lbs (20lbs), fan, carbon filter, and possibly some uvb lights (2-4) dont know the weight, during flowering. That is about it I believe.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I will be running in the basement as well where it is much cooler. I will be hanging 2 led lights @ 22.8lbs (45.6 lbs) , 4 red lights @ 5lbs (20lbs), fan, carbon filter, and possibly some uvb lights (2-4) dont know the weight, during flowering. That is about it I believe.

Any tent should be fine with all that. Even a cheap one Like I have.

Top Bottom