liquid karma - can we make our own?

• Thread starter ogtealover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I love liquid karma, i use it half strength of the label and i still run through it like water..So i was hoping to make my own version that is OMRI listed from say.....organicare's OMRI humic acid and say...soluble sea weed extract 1-1-16 from technaflora(I believe) that is also omri listed ....At what ratios should they be mixed together? also is there anything else in the lquid karma that may be hidden?

M

Malachi

i think it is humic acids like most sea kelp based nutes

E

ent

can i ask what liquid karma does for our plants.?

it's called a 'bio catalyst' on the packaging. like others have said, it is some type of kelp extract. when i started using LK, i noticed i had to water a much frequent intervals. i almost always add liquid nutes when i use LK and it is as if the plants are just more thirsty. to me, the proof was in the pudding. run side by side w/o LK i had different watering schedules and the LK side had a greater yield.

J

jordisgarden

wow thats pretty rad. thanks. im gonna be buyin some.

convex

convex

It is derived from a bit more than just kelp and humics/fulvics ...

Full breakdown here:

Cheers

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Well I used it in conjunction with PBP soil blend and FFHF soil And though there is much info on what lquid karma "claims to do" i believe it made the plants happier so to speak they looked much more healthy and had lots of tugor as well as shine and correctly shaped leaves(meaning no curled or turned leaves or leaflets nor tips,less discoloraiton from bleaching under hot spots,Etc ) the leaves also were not as oversized when using itt.So I ran out and LK is pretty cosly at about 30 dollars for 946mL and it recomend a dosage of over15mL per gallon. So i ran the PBP with out it not so great of an idea plants much more touchy when feed or not feed:( Then I switched to guano teas and i love them...Now i have been adding LK to my aerated guano, ewc, mollases tea nad again i see the benefits though less pronounced as the teas out preform the pbp soil for me (on a stand alone basis)without LK, taste and growth rates both have improved from the teas, however I should note the grow's odor is much less pronounced without the PBP. It was at least six or seven times more stinky with a third of the plants. So yeah does any one know how to reverse the liquid karma formula or some thing that would help me get an idea of what the ratios may be for humic acid and soluble seaweed extract inside of LK and if there is any hidden ingredints the LK.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So my label does not say all that good stuff but again I want to come up with a similar "tonic" that is comprised of OMRI listed products that I blend myself-That is the goal here folks but the link does hint at some of the ingredients......So big ups to convex although I have seen this before myself on my first bottle of liquid karma

E

ent

i see you're posting in the compost tea threads as well. that's probably what you're looking for. a good formula for a compost tea. i'm not sure you're going to be able to mimic LK in one tea, but you can make custom teas for each application. g'luck.

Blaze

Blaze

There are some organic OMRI listed products similar to the LK but they are pricey. LK can be used in teas, but it is not the best liquid humic acid products to use for this because it is derived from leondorite, the least chemically and biologically active from of humates.

I use the LK as a soil drench and a foliar feed but I use an OMRI listed non-leondorite derived liquid humate products for my teas.

Humic acids are pretty amazing. The form chleates with all known nutrients making them more available, prevent living cells from absorbing toxins, heavy metals, even radiation, provide food for the fungi in your soil, store solar energy and release it when needed to give the plant an extra boost when needed, and have many other positive effects that have been identified so far.

J

jordisgarden

i been growing for a few years now and untill i moved the grow inside, i never really learned jack shit about growing. once i found myself able to stand and stare at the plants all day and night, soon that got boring and now i sit in the grow room and read for a few hours a day. being around them so much gave me a way better understanding of growing. being able to see something work or not work rather than seeing the plants once a month. now im trying new things to see if i can get it just a little better each time. now im readfing up on all the additive stuff.
not to get off the topic but the h2o2 hydrogen peroxide 29% stuff, do you use that just to bring oxygen to the root system?

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I use perilite and/or coco coir to bring the oxygen to the table as well as aerating my tea or my water before use with an air stone and pump....The H2O2 would kill some of the microbial life in my soil or tea so I would not use it. It would be fine for a hydro application but not so great for the"soil food web" that I create.

V

vill

Ive been using LK everytime I brew up some guano tea as per LC's mix. I've tried to use without (a whole batch) and noticed a slight difference (I got more leggy plants) could be just a veg/clone factor. I now use powdered humic acid in my soil mix then still use guano tea.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I think we need a bump here as we have plenty of veiws and i know someone has the answer to this.....

S

Seafrost

I actually use Liquid Karma to soak seeds in. I use about a shot glass full of water and a drop or two of liquid karma. Let em soak for 24-36 hrs and they always pop right up the day after they are planted into soil. Works every time. I dont usually use it regularly with my feeding schedule, and i have heard to especially not use it during flower.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

throw this in there. It's a HELL of a lot cheaper than seaweed extracts from a grow store and it's the EXACT same thing. This is the stuff you want, the norwegian sea kelp.

I like diamond nectar for my humic acid. Black diamond is really good too.

Z

zoeronerer

I love liquid karma, i use it half strength of the label and i still run through it like water..So i was hoping to make my own version that is OMRI listed from say.....organicare's OMRI humic acid and say...soluble sea weed extract 1-1-16 from technaflora(I believe) that is also omri listed ....At what ratios should they be mixed together? also is there anything else in the lquid karma that may be hidden?

you realize liquid karma is brewed and has like 30 ingredients. i think you can get close but thats the one really special botanicare product i have not found a replacement for ...

... some one else said not to use it in flower .

i deff use it in flower ....it gets things active in my brew.

A

autumnlight7777

to purchase all the seperate ingredients and mix your own would cost a forture, save yourself a buck and just buy liquid karma, it will boost your crops far more than any halfway measures and more than pay for itself.

N

nog

yes you can easilly make up your own stuff, a lot of these products are like snake oil, and theres a bit of the emperors new clothes syndrome in there, you know what i meed, you pay £20 for some secret additive, you are struggling to see if it has made any real difference, but you convince yourselves that it has because if it hasnt you feel a twat for wasting £20.
then theres they guy who starts using the latest wonder additive, you ask him if it works, "sure does" he tells you but he forgot to mention that he's just swapped a 400hps for a 600, you know what i mean. theres lots of sharks out there after your £, not just in the weedworld but other shit, i fish and the number of secret bait additives is nowadays mind boggling, like women and secret anti-ageing creams, diets??????????? just eat less, there wernt many fat guys in those camps in the balkans, bosnia etc was there. just think about things, befor you spew your cash on a molasses or some other straitforward ingredient pretending to bea speciall additive.
anyway good luck.

Top Bottom