List of Available Micron Sizes for Filter Bags

• Thread starter Psuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psuper

All of the following micron sizes for 5-gallon water hash bags are available online as of June 2011.

I divide the bag sizes into categories:

THE WORK BAGS

230μ

220μ --This is the common size for the workbag, but Dropbags, among others, makes a 230μ and some larger sizes, up to 400μ (suited for different plant material, just saying).

209μ

200μ

190μ

185μ

180μ

170μ

COOKING HASH BAGS
(The following size bags are generally considered only good for cooking, adulterant for good hash for sale, or mixed with 25μ and given away to friends.)

160μ

150μ

135μ --I haven't seen this size used, but I would think that depending on strain/sativa dominance this could fall into either this or the next category.

TRICHOME/HASHISH COLLECTION BAGS
(Yum.)

120μ --Generally considered the start of what you want. Trichomes from sativas will collect more on the smaller size bags, whereas with indicas you will see more quality stuff at this layer.

110μ

100μ

90μ

86μ

75μ

73μ

72μ

70μ

55μ

50μ

49μ

45μ

THE FINAL BAG
(Anything that drains below the final bag is not worth collecting, so the size of the final filtering screen is important. This final bag is a low yielder and is most often considered lower-quality than the above micron sizes, higher-quality when using a sativa as starting material.)

38μ

33μ

25μ --A common size bag most often used as the final bag.

20μ --Sounds tiny to me, but I haven't done runs with small-gland pure sativa material before.

SPECIAL MENTION

1. I didn't use Ebay as the source for any of this information on availability, and you should not waste money on cheap or counterfeit bags offered at any auction sites.

2. Please contribute any sources/sizes I may have missed.

Pressing Screens

Pressing screens, dabbing screens, blotting screens, drying screens(all the same thing), are made of the same mesh as a bags filter and are most often a 25μ size. Name-brand pressing screens cost around $15 and are only about 12" x 12" usually.

Some ice hash makers don't really like the term "pressing" screen. Many don't fold the screen over and press the screen with any kind of force. The screen is instead left on top of the layer of absorbent paper towels for a little while before being folded over and being gently "dabbed" at with a fistfull of paper towels.

I have seen these screens commercially available in the three following sizes:

33μ
25μ
20μ

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
SIK post man, thnx fir that. i look foward to the discussion that will insue.

+1 fir the sticky...

COnfu...

P

Psuper

Here's a list of some of the filter bag companies out there:

Ice-O-Lator

DropBags

Payload Bags

Sprung Bags

Neato Bags

BubbleBags

Kootenay Bubble Refinery (KBR Bags)

Buddhabags/ Probags

Boldt Bags

Trash Bags (same maker as Boldt Bags)

420 Bags

HydroHippy

WackyWilly

Crystal Catcher Herb Bags

Hashbag.com ("Extraction Bags")

Weedbags (from ResinExtractor)

GrassCity.com ("Pollen Extraction Bags")

VirtualSunHydroponics.com ("Herbal Ice Extracts Bubble Kit")

Trichome Bubble Hash Bags

Top Bottom