Little fast walk on water bugs

• Thread starter Tommy626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tommy626

Tommy626

First time I’ve noticed bugs in a year or so. What is it???

Tommy626

Tommy626

A little history. My leaves were getting Lime green in different places of the plant. Real random. After ph’ing try all kinds of dif nutes I decided to start beni’s. Started with the lady bugs. A week after introducing those (they came in a plastic container with bedding in it) I noticed those bugs in the run off this morning.
So I’m wondering if I introduced a food source in the lady bug “bedding”. Does anyone know if they ship ladybugs with “food” in the container?
So any way I’ve gave plant a dr Zymes root drench, bought a nema globe ( nematodes) and released 1500 lady bugs in a 5x5. Will that suffice for pest management?
Unfortunately the plant is in the second week of flower

Anthem

Anthem

That is some sort of a mite from the looks of things. Hate to ask but can you get a better picture so it can be identified.

Tommy626

Tommy626

I thought mites have 8 legs?
FYI that vid is x100 things are super tiny

I will have to check in the morning if they are still running around.
What makes you think it’s a mite and not a root aphid?

Do you have iPhone? For some reason vid is tough to see on android

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

I thought mites have 8 legs?
FYI that vid is x100 things are super tiny

I will have to check in the morning if they are still running around.
What makes you think it’s a mite and not a root aphid?

Do you have iPhone? For some reason vid is tough to see on android

Take a look at the life cycle image and you will see 6 legs in early stage of life from what I can tell. Coming out of the pot with water would lead me to believe the bug was not fully developed.

Tommy626

Tommy626

Take a look at the life cycle image and you will see 6 legs in early stage of life from what I can tell. Coming out of the pot with water would lead me to believe the bug was not fully developed.
Did you happen to check that new video out?
That was actually walking on my phone after I left it sitting out. It’s possible that it crawled off my hand after I watered the plants. That is a spider mite no?

Latest posts

Top Bottom