Little Grow Room. needs help

• Thread starter YesiCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YesiCannabis

Hello readers, im converting a closet into a little grow room but im having major problems with heat, just cant get rid of it.

The room is 9' high, 3' wide & 8' deep. (no windows)
In there i have one 600 watt hps & a 5" in-line fan / filter & a 9" circulation fan. (also have another 14" fan but it makes the temps rise even higher)

I know i need an in-take fan but what size should i go for?
I dont want to go & buy one blindly as it could be to big or to small so please advise me.

I hope i can upgrade my setup with another 600 watt hps but i think the heat might be to high, what do you lot think?

A

astartes

Sounds like a closet to me. I''d buy a new and cheap door. Cut out passive intake holes on the bottom and have the air exhausted through another hole at the top of the door. With that big of a space, you really shouldn't have an issue cooling 2 600's in 215 cubic feet. Hell, I'm running a 600 in 35 cubic feet and have temps only 4 degrees above ambient. It's all about getting fresh air in and stale air out imo...

a.

S

Sway

i always go for a little less cfm then the exhaust fan on intakes. my room i have a 800cfm exhaust with a 600cfm intake for example. keeps the room in a negative pressure.

Y

YesiCannabis

Thanks for the replys ;)

I cant cut the door at all, need it to look normal.

Near the floor i cut a 6 inch hole in the wall to run my filter exhaust pipe through, i can extend this hole to make room for an in-let vent, im thinking 4 inch, you guys think thats big enough?

Also i have my filter near the roof but its running vertically not horizontally, is this a problem?

R

Rural_GrowOp

If you run the intake right beside the exhaust won't you just be sucking the exhausted air back in? Maybe I didn't read it right. Can you cut a hole in the ceiling and bring air in from there? You will probably need a filter to get all the dust and shit out of the air.

Y

YesiCannabis

If you run the intake right beside the exhaust won't you just be sucking the exhausted air back in? Maybe I didn't read it right. Can you cut a hole in the ceiling and bring air in from there? You will probably need a filter to get all the dust and shit out of the air.

Hi Rural thanks for posting.
No' i wont be sucking the exhaust fumes back in coz the exhaust pipe goes on a few meters & up into the chimney ;)
Cant cut ceiling, got neighbours up there lol

Ive just put the ballast in the other room, will check the temps in 30 mins.

L

likeakite

Take advantage of the fact that heat will naturally rise. An exhaust up near the ceiling will work better than one on the floor. Air inlet near the floor....and on the oposite side of the closet as the exhaust outlet works best.

Just having an air inlet will not guarantee cooler temps if the air coming in is warm also. Try to bring in air from a cooler source if possible. Tis the season for heat issues. Good luck

F

Fear

take a peak at setup dude same thing you got room wise. I have 2 6" in line fans one sucks one pushes and have passive intake. But I also have an AC for the summer cause mine is upstairs. All my holes are in the wall behind some shelfing that lead to the window right next to the closet. You should bring air from your room 4" is fine and exhaust the hood and heat under your house or into the attic like I do with a 6". What ever you do seperate exhaust and intake. Peace.

-Fear

ps exhaust hot air from cieling draw cool air in from down low.

Y

YesiCannabis

likeakite & Fear thanks for the advice but it seems im fighting a losing battle here.
My home is on one floor only with others living both above & below me, my closet is on the pine end of the building, there are no windows or vents on that wall.

Fear after reading your post here & checking out your setup, i ran my 5" fan as an intake sucking air from the chimney & it was still running at 29 C with the closet door open.
I simply cant afford to get an AC.
When i got up this morning the closet was back up to 30 C ffs.
Im starting to think i have no chance with this closet until after summer.
Have even thought about putting an old freezer in there with the door open by an inch or two but i havnt the space.
Anymore suggestions? or should i leave it till october / november?
Surely 30 C - 35 C is to hot, right?

R

Rural_GrowOp

Thats definitely too hot. The only other thing I can think of would be to get one of these.

There suppose to work wonders and you can vent your exhaust back into your room to keep it cool. I don't know if thats feasible for you or not but your running out of options.

Y

YesiCannabis

Bookmarked, Thanks Rural, that looks to be just what i need ;)

A

Asiatica

Ideas

Heres a couple off the wall thoughts....
Just throwing these out there.

-Check the inner ceiling. Is there some sort of space?
However small in between you and the unit above could help you out.
Even a couple inches could give you a place to exhaust.
If this is an option, make sure the space above is sealed tight or there might be air coming out of the floor in the above unit.
You would be sucking air thru the 600 into a filter and up into the ceiling.

-Maybe use a 400 or 250 with some flouro's for the summer and back to the 600 for fall/winter.
Some smoke is better than none at all.

-Im growing DJ Shorts Flo and at this time my 4x4 tent is a constant 88-93 degrees F during the light cycle.
I thought I was in deep doo doo, but......
Buds are dense, nice and tight with great resin production.
Im about a week or so away from harvest.
Actually didnt think I would make it this far with temps that high.

I usually flower with temps in the 70-80 range but this was a great learing experience for me with the high temps.
Mj is a tropical climate plant so the high temps shouldnt be tough on the plants.

Anyways, best of luck with whatever you do.
Peace and positive vibes.
:character0050:

Y

YesiCannabis

Thanks for the ideas asiatica but i really cant go up or down, sticking to my own floor is my only option.

Maybe use a 400 or 250 with some flouro's for the summer
:character0050:

This may prove to be my only solution until i can afford to spend more cash.

A

AToadAso

get a 6" rvk for you outtake and use your existing outtake as your intake. for 600w in a cupboard you need atleast 600cfm. you also need good intake so that the air being moved around is cool and not warm. not too cool tho!:afroweed:

Y

YesiCannabis

AToadAso thanks for the advice but i thinking of moving home to some where a bit more grow friendly.
I will know if im staying or going by next weekend & im not willing to spend anymore cash until i know for sure.

N

Nilzar

I diddnt read all the replys so sorry if this has been said, if you have an exaust setup just use the exaust. it has to draw air from somewhere when you exaust, and unless your closet is air tight it will just pull form the other room.

Y

YesiCannabis

Nilzar thanks for posting the idea, in the morning i will try the exaust without the filter attached ;)
Im not sure if i have already tryed it this way or not, will let you know how it works.

Y

YesiCannabis

just tried it without the filter, the temp droped by 1C ffs, its just not worth putting up with the noise for 1C.
thinking of giving up & selling the setup.

F

Fear

oh shit dont do that man We can fix it. You just need a redesign. Cut the holes you need man it's sheetrock and can be replaced.

Top Bottom