Little help identifying a habitual issue

• Thread starter OleMacdonald77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Hi all,

New grower, Can u help me work through this issue?

2 blue dream autoflowers from ilgm. Planted same time fed,watered all the same, only differences was the drooping one was LSTd for like 3 or 4 days. Was drooping prior to LST. So the issue was pre LST. And pre flowering.
Plants are now in week 3 of flower.

FFOF (bag tests at 5.8ph out of the bag) yeah... thanks FF.
Nutes: vg bloom dirty, shine, plus life.
Watering at 6.5 to 6.8
Feeding e.c 1.5 to 2.1
RoI 680@100%
Added organic garden lime in an attempt to raise soil ph. Espoma...
Soil tests with blue labs soil dart around 6.0.
Blue labs water ph tester blue labs ec tester all my tools are calibrated properly.

Started to lose hand sized fan leaves to the pictured condition. I'm thinking I may have waited too long to feed shine and FFOF ran out of built in nutes. The yellowing has slowed after a feeding on Tuesday, but seeing some new markings and wanted to ask. 1st pic is the droopy plant... starting new markings.

Little help identifying a habitual issue
Little help identifying a habitual issue 2
Little help identifying a habitual issue 3
Little help identifying a habitual issue 4
Little help identifying a habitual issue 5
Little help identifying a habitual issue 6
Little help identifying a habitual issue 7
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

They look overwatered to me. Are you letting them mostly dry out between waterings? I’d give them a few good foliar feedings to get them some nutrition fast especially the yellower ones.

Madbud

Madbud

They look overwatered to me. Are you letting them mostly dry out between waterings? I’d give them a few good foliar feedings to get them some nutrition fast especially the yellower ones.
Yeah, wet feet.

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Disregard the wicked yellow in the corner of the pictures, that girl has maybe a week or two left before she comes down plus the light is casting really yellow tones. Those were my absolute first plants that I flushed like an idiot right around the same time I'm running into issues with this one, time line wise. Just waiting on the trichs to go 10% oj.
To respond to ur question, I use a scale/lift method. This one girl has been giving me issues since veg. But her sister is really happy aside from those original large fan leaves going yellow. I seem to run into this issue (second run) after they stretch. I'll give her an extra day to dry out, but I know the root ball isn't completely drying out like it should be. While top few inches and sides are. I've added a 12 inch fan at the bottom to help move some additional air around. Additionally I should have mentioned I run 18/6 71 to 75 degrees and 45 to 50 rh.

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Picking up slightly since the last night. No additional yellowing. See those edge marks? 12.6 lbs will weigh again in the morning.

20210212 230913
OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

The wilting tops are concerning. When did that start?
Better color shot here. Still not happy. I'm sorry i don't know what foliar feeding is. I'll have google it or find a post on here to understand that process and report back. Was going to feed again tomorrow, but I'll take weights tomorrow and Sunday to see how light I can get it. I think I could get my previous plants below 10lbs.

20210212 231719
20210212 231814
SntWick

SntWick

Regardless of whichever picture. Looks severely overwatered. Suffering from oxygen deprivation. Let the medium go dry. I use a chop stick and stick down into soil pull out to be able to tell how far along the medium is to being dry. Overwatering isn’t jus watering too frequently. It’s watering quantity as well.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Foliar feeding is a great tool. Look into it. Be careful in flower especially late flower humidity can be a problem. I try to just spay the leaves avoiding the buds

Madbud

Madbud

You know the old saying about water, a pint’s a pound the world around

SntWick

SntWick

Yes!!! Love foliar feeding up till around week 3-4 then straight fan leaves and underside of Fan leaves

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Better color shot here. Still not happy. I'm sorry i don't know what foliar feeding is. I'll have google it or find a post on here to understand that process and report back. Was going to feed again tomorrow, but I'll take weights tomorrow and Sunday to see how light I can get it. I think I could get my previous plants below 10lbs.
Id say your roots are bound. Mine do it too. Cant say for sure but i want to say ca, k, mg, and maybe N too, def will show up first in a rootbound situation. ime ive seen it a few times...lol..

When your leaves arent flat or up at an angle ime its a root issue either too high ppm or root health/rot/death issue......or a combo of all the above!...

I aldo eould say pot size for thst size of a plant should be in a 5 to 7 gal pot, imo....your leaves are telling me overwatered and possible root death because of the wet feet sitchy its in

Last edited:
OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Little over watered and hungry... maybe add back some nitrogen and let dry a bit more before watering.

What's the temp and humidity?

To me looks like an uptake issue but I think the cause is like watering or enviroment.
72 to 75 with 45 to 48 rh aqua. Not denying watering issues. Weight this morning is 11.6lbs. Will check again tomorrow

Bitters420

Bitters420

Looking at your specs you gave, I do not see that you added any perlite to the mix. If you add some #4 perlite to make up around 20-30% of your medium, it will help with pockets of wet/dry areas. It will also make it so the soil is not so compacted, making it easier for the roots to move and uptake nutrients better.

OleMacdonald77

OleMacdonald77

Bitters, yessir. I too believe I should have done that after researching more. Lesson learned for next time, but autos don't like to be re-potted, so a mistake I'll learn from for sure. Definitely would help my watering issues. Thx for reminding me

Latest posts

Top Bottom