little yellow dots

• Thread starter kd0afk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Favorite Grow technique

• Total voters
K

kd0afk

I have little yellow dots on my new leaves. They arent spots, they arent like a yellow stain, they are almost like blisters. They don't pop, but they are domed like a blister. After awhile, the leaves look verigated. Its quite striking in a way. There is no sign of necrosis, and other than the dots, the plant doesn't look sick, or unhealthy in any way. The plants it is happening to are seedlings from the same kush plant.
Both plants were germinated in rockwool, planted in dirt in 4 inch pots to await sex. The roots were barely showing when I put them in hydroton. And just one of the two are showing dots. Same mother plant, same nutes, same water, same soil, sterilized buckets, ph conditioned and rinsed hydroton.

2011-05-18_20-52-29_443.jpg

2011-05-18_20-53-20_387.jpg

I have no idea what it could be. It doesnt fit into any of the photos or descriptions of nutrient def. or disease.
It almost looks like boils. Maybe I am being visited by the plaques of Egypt.
The thing is, none of the other plants in the tent are effected. And the first plant that showed this grew out of it. I am just worried because the other one wasnt as severe.

Comments, suggestions, a hit off a joint and a kind word to take my mind off of it would all be great.
Thanks

I

Indicas4me

That is weird never seen anything like that.Thought it would be Blight that it I get quite a bit on my outdoor plants.

K

kd0afk

yeah, its baffling. Of course Im the one who can grow a hermie with pollen sacs growing out of the center of flowers.
I also had a seedling that split itself (no topping or fimming) that's probably more common though.

K

kd0afk

One good thing is, that I finally produced a female from seed. Been nothing but hermies and dudes. Kind of like a stroll down polk street.

S

SSHZ

In 22 years of growing, I've NEVER seen anything like that. I'm guessing it's something dropping eggs on your leaves small at first and growing larger as it sucks the juices from the leave under it. But that's just a pure guess.....

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

They appear to be galls, though i havent seen them on leaves before (only roots and stems). Galls are knots or protrusions like your pic shows and are caused by pest/pathogens such as aphids, thirps, nematodes etc .

V

vancerz

I got those blisters by using too much tree and shrub to kill root aphids, looks exactly the same no joke..... the new growth should be fine after a couple waterings.

K

kd0afk

They appear to be galls, though i havent seen them on leaves before (only roots and stems). Galls are knots or protrusions like your pic shows and are caused by pest/pathogens such as aphids, thirps, nematodes etc .

I haven't used anything on the plants. Haven't had a need to. Could it be residual from when the mother plant was sprayed?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That is wild. What's happened? Now you mention drift from when a mother plant was sprayed. With what and what proximity? Did the mom show this?

The second leaf is a magnesium issue, deficiency or uptake problem. But the first leaf? It looks diseased, doesn't it?

I have that same cookbook somewhere, too.

K

kd0afk

That is wild. What's happened? Now you mention drift from when a mother plant was sprayed. With what and what proximity? Did the mom show this?

The second leaf is a magnesium issue, deficiency or uptake problem. But the first leaf? It looks diseased, doesn't it?

I have that same cookbook somewhere, too.
I dont know about the mother. I know it was organic.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Looks more like a deficiency than a pest or infection to me. Could be that that strain has extremely different needs than the others in your garden. What is the breed, and what is she planted with?

How is your humidity control, by the way?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks more like a deficiency than a pest or infection to me. Could be that that strain has extremely different needs than the others in your garden. What is the breed, and what is she planted with?

How is your humidity control, by the way?
I usually search the ag sites, this includes both food and ornamental production, I haven't ever seen anything like that presented as a deficiency. What deficiency do you suggest it might be, and why the uneven appearance of these spots? These are two of the reasons why I'm landing on an outside factor rather than a simple nutrient deficiency. Most, if not all deficiencies have a strong tendency to have an "even" appearance, i.e. necrosis on leaf margins, which means that necrosis is limited to leaf margins; interveinal chlorosis means that yellowing is limited to between leaf veins, etc, etc.

Diseases and pests typically do not demonstrate anything resembling an "even" pattern, appear much more random.

These are the reasons why I personally am still landing on disease or pest, based on what I see from the photo (there's the one leaf that looks a strong candidate for Mg deficiency or uptake problem or imbalance).

V

vancerz

its too much bayer advanced complete insect killer 2 way formula! who ever he got them from used too much of this or a product very similar.

I have done this more then once and its the only time I ever get this anomaly and it shows in the exact same way that the OP is showing, its not a deficiency or insect problems its from chemicals.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

in my exp over usage of bayer results in overall toxicity and the plant wilts and dies. But you got my attention. Im interested to see more.

K

KISS

its too much bayer advanced complete insect killer 2 way formula! who ever he got them from used too much of this or a product very similar.

I have done this more then once and its the only time I ever get this anomaly and it shows in the exact same way that the OP is showing, its not a deficiency or insect problems its from chemicals.

Vancerz,
You seem to have experience with the Bayer advanced complete insect killer. I think I might have used a toxic amount of this product on my veg plants as well. Although it didn't make the leaves yellow or blister. But the new top growth is now growing out with miniature leaves. Have you seen this happen before?

Growth is for sure stunted in veg at this point. Any suggestions besides leaching?

thanks.

Top Bottom