Live Bait System..could I use as a diy Chiller?

• Thread starter fluffygrrrl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

Too all of you diy guys who have made their own chillers...
I found a used live bait tank w/automatic temperature to keep water chilled for $1200. (retail $6000) The guy didn't have any other info other than the link to the manufacturer. I need a chiller to chill 2 uce12xxl13 systems. I am running on a flip flop light system. Could this be used to chill both? It has 3 30 gal tanks. I don't know how to compare this to a regular chiller as this is rated with amps vs hp.

Otherwise, I am looking at a chillking 2 or 3 hp system, and using wort coils to cool seperate rez, and hydro innovations co2 burner.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damn! Even if you don't use it for this, that's a steal! Nab it and sell it again if you can't use it.

fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

I thought it looked like a good deal seamaiden. Just bought a cabin on the water at an auction, too, could use it and probably make money selling bait! Just don't have extra money for something I can't use right now, I've got $20,000 of equipment to buy for my under current setup in my polebarn.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cabin on the water and a polebarn to boot? You've got it goin' on. While I've never done a DIY chiller for this type of purpose, I have done a couple for keeping temperate saltwater fish. But they were GHETTO, coils of tubing inside a small bar fridge, not very pretty at all.

I'm checking out the specs, and this thing kicks ass.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
You would have three 30 gallon reservoirs or one 90 gallon reservoir. Why wouldn't this work? That is what it is made to do. Chill liquids (water) to a specific temperature. I tried to get the one from a friends bait store when he went bankrupt but they locked the place before I got there. He had an older one and a newer one and they were huge. 100 gallon and 250 gallon. He was on a huge lake and had tons of big freakin minnows in these. I think one was 1/2 HP and they other was 1 HP.

I bet they work great. You just need to add the plumbing to your system and recirculate it. You could have separate mixes of nutes on timers to use each tank individually and custom feed on timers. I would think those tanks aerate the water too.

You could have 3 huge 30 gallon DWC plants. There are a lot of possibilities.

Get them!!! They are durable, made to run 24/7 for a commercial use and a use that is basically the same as yours. You won't be abusing them. They will last forever if taken care of.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
My god you won't have to worry about root rot either.

Yours has filters and

Ultra violet light in the water recirculation line to control the unwanted bacteria.
Oxygen dispenser nozzle and a bucket filler faucet with packaging bucket to speed up customer service.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Biological, odor free multi-stage filtering system which features minimum maintenance.

It has to be a good one if it filtering fish waste and food out of the water. Plus it is putting enough dissolved oxygen in the water to keep bait fish healthy.

GET IT!!!! LOL!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I want one, and I have neither bait nor a hydro system. I'm having bait well envy or something...

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I am with you seamaiden. LOL!

Please tell me that you bought it fluffygrrrl.

Top Bottom