Living soil and water PH

• Thread starter 603cannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
603cannabis

603cannabis

I’m growing in so-hum soil have been PH’ing my water to 6.5 everytime and adding black strap molasses along with some soap nut ferments and a couple others, also adding em-1 microbial. My question is, is it possible that my microbes in my soil could be lowering the ph of my soil below what I’m watering at? I know a couple people that run a living soil and they don’t ever ph and I’ve heard read some where that microbes expel c02 and c02 mixed with water makes carbonic acid which would lower ph? I’ve been getting deficiencies with a couple of plants that I’ve been fighting off and on specifically chlorosis/ magnesium thanks for the help everyone!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’m growing in so-hum soil have been PH’ing my water to 6.5 everytime and adding black strap molasses along with some soap nut ferments and a couple others, also adding em-1 microbial. My question is, is it possible that my microbes in my soil could be lowering the ph of my soil below what I’m watering at? I know a couple people that run a living soil and they don’t ever ph and I’ve heard read some where that microbes expel c02 and c02 mixed with water makes carbonic acid which would lower ph? I’ve been getting deficiencies with a couple of plants that I’ve been fighting off and on specifically chlorosis/ magnesium thanks for the help everyone!
post some pictures and info..
don’t be compounding mistakes! wait.,

603cannabis

603cannabis

post some pictures and info..
don’t be compounding mistakes! wait.,
Not sure what else I can post for info day 15 since flip this same deficiencies has showed up twice before on these two plants and I’ve corrected them by watering at 6.8-7ph

65251C05 8369 4FA3 A99C 37B0F05903D1
53D2ED45 A06A 45FB 823B 4B2665EF9794
5C228961 E6B4 49F6 811F 2000235CC1AD
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Not sure what else I can post for info day 15 since flip this same deficiencies has showed up twice before on these two plants and I’ve corrected them by watering at 6.8-7ph
looks to be a nitrogen toxicity, plants are on flowering stage now? if so less nitrogen is needed.

603cannabis

603cannabis

looks to be a nitrogen toxicity, plants are on flowering stage now? if so less nitrogen is needed.
There not dark green? Nor glossy. I haven’t added anything that would give an excess amount of nitrogen

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

nick, see the extreme response to feed on the last

where u measuring ph from

20% runoff, is what u want to collect and measure

the zealots u hang with just got their rhythm down

u didn't pick the easiest method, to learn, if one existed

ur peeps, here, have u covered

@MIMedGrower can throw some other, really good zealot growers, your way, as well; of which i am not... being in aero.
vegin takes things upward, ph wise. flowering, fights downward. but again, I'm not in living dirt 😜.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower can throw some other, really good zealot growers, your way, as well; of which i am not... being in aero.
vegin takes things upward, ph wise. flowering, fights downward. but again, I'm not in living dirt 😜.

I use fertilizer. I dont do “living” soil. Always going to need nutes in containers for best results in my opinion.

That said op pic looks like a nutrient imbalance and some nitrogen toxicity leading to potassium deficiency.

Not familiar with “so-hum soil” sorry.

And microbes wont lower the ph. Overwatering can. Improperly buffered mix can. Too much nutes can...

603cannabis

603cannabis

I use fertilizer. I dont do “living” soil. Always going to need nutes in containers for best results in my opinion.

That said op pic looks like a nutrient imbalance and some nitrogen toxicity leading to potassium deficiency.

Not familiar with “so-hum soil” sorry.

And microbes wont lower the ph. Overwatering can. Improperly buffered mix can. Too much nutes can...
I haven’t added any “nutes” or dry amendments besides what I said above I’m not sure how much the ferments could add. Not sure if your familiar with DGC listened to a couple of their podcasts talking about microbes adjusting PH in a symbiotic relationship with your roots. And I know mass medical strains grows in Michigan mix and waters at 9.0ph and never has a problem nor does he add anything but straight water. I’m trying to get to that point of just straight un PH’d water but first I gotta fix what I got going on. Idk how I could be getting a nitrogen toxicity they vegged for 7 weeks in those pots without being transplanted and nothing added besides what I said and thinking of it now I added a gro-kashi tea like 3 weeks ago thanks for the help bro

603cannabis

603cannabis

In

the past I’ve checked run of ph and its always something funky like 3 something with no deficiencies so I’ve never taken it serious. But typically don’t water until runoff because it’s not needed with a living soil thanks bro for the tags hopefully I can get this figured out. Every once in awhile they pop up randomly and seems like I get them fixed without figuring out what I did to fix them. I havnt fed them either.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I haven’t added any “nutes” or dry amendments besides what I said above I’m not sure how much the ferments could add. Not sure if your familiar with DGC listened to a couple of their podcasts talking about microbes adjusting PH in a symbiotic relationship with your roots. And I know mass medical strains grows in Michigan mix and waters at 9.0ph and never has a problem nor does he add anything but straight water. I’m trying to get to that point of just straight un PH’d water but first I gotta fix what I got going on. Idk how I could be getting a nitrogen toxicity they vegged for 7 weeks in those pots without being transplanted and nothing added besides what I said and thinking of it now I added a gro-kashi tea like 3 weeks ago thanks for the help bro

I did say or an imbalance.

I have been using unadjusted 8.0 ph well water for years in ocean forest with pure blend pro.

Most tap water can not affect the medium ph. Its the alkalinity not the ph we need to be concerned with.

And microbes break down elements for plant uptake and exchange nutrients for exudates eliminating the need for ph to be correct and keep elements in solution.

The soil mix should already be buffered to a specific ph.

Im sorry i cant be of more help. Dont know what is in your soil mix.

603cannabis

603cannabis

I have been using unadjusted 8.0 ph well water for years in ocean forest with pure blend pro.

Most tap water can not affect the medium ph. Its the alkalinity not the ph we need to be concerned with.

And microbes break down elements for plant uptake and exchange nutrients for exudates eliminating the need for ph to be correct and keep elements in solution.

My bad must have read over the imbalance part, appreciate the info I didn’t know that maybe I’ll start watering without PH’ing and I’ll try watering a couple times and if it doesn’t get better I’ll dry amend and try another tea I have a blue lab soil ph pen coming to see what that says I know my well water is normally around 7.5-8 so it’s not crazy high and I got some recharge coming so I guess I’ll do that and go from there. Really thought I had everything dialed in on this grow 😬 and this had to pop up after I flipped

603cannabis

603cannabis

Scratch that last I’m gunna try amending now because if it didn’t show up until after I flipped I’m assuming it must be needing more potassium

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea its more than possible it's likely they are but to what extent depends on the number of bacteria in the soil. Not gonna get into the whole thing but stop putting molasses in there. Use it in teas not soil.

I still don't understand why ppl grow in organics indoors in pots then throw the soil out and start all over again. It's completely defeats the purpose of organic growing. If you think a plant can tell the difference between an organic source of nutrients once broken down by bacteria and inorganic fertilizer then I suggest some research.

On that note you can probably tell I'm a bit frustrated on this topic and I'm just gonna jump out sorry but I'm lazy today and don't feel like going into an extensive topic like this.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Scratch that last I’m gunna try amending now because if it didn’t show up until after I flipped I’m assuming it must be needing more potassium
what have been your temps and humidity? you have good fresh air exchange?
a little bit of leaf edges curling up, edges burnt? tips pointing down? tips burnt/dried out?

603cannabis

603cannabis

what have been your temps and humidity? you have good fresh air exchange?
a little bit of leaf edges curling up, edges burnt? tips pointing down? tips burnt/dried out?
A little bit of tacoing on plant from light stress got a second light I just put in there so I’m trying to dial that one in on height adjusted so that’ll hopefully go away and yeah good air exchange and non burnt or dried out. I have a 6inch in-line pulling air out plenty of air exchange and the inlet is in the window so it’s constant fresh air. I keep both my tents at around 78-84

603cannabis

603cannabis

Yea its more than possible it's likely they are but to what extent depends on the number of bacteria in the soil. Not gonna get into the whole thing but stop putting molasses in there. Use it in teas not soil.

I still don't understand why ppl grow in organics indoors in pots then throw the soil out and start all over again. It's completely defeats the purpose of organic growing. If you think a plant can tell the difference between an organic source of nutrients once broken down by bacteria and inorganic fertilizer then I suggest some research.

On that note you can probably tell I'm a bit frustrated on this topic and I'm just gonna jump out sorry but I'm lazy today and don't feel like going into an extensive topic like this.
I put a small drop of molasses into the water as a sugar for the bacteria and I don’t throw the soil away I use them once and then the soil from my 5-7 gallon pots goes into my 30 gallon pots with my worms And the point of growing organic is so it’s as close to how it would grow in nature plus some people’s body’s are sensitive to chemical nutrient grown buds plus it’s pretty simple (most of the times)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I put a small drop of molasses into the water as a sugar for the bacteria and I don’t throw the soil away I use them once and then the soil from my 5-7 gallon pots goes into my 30 gallon pots with my worms And the point of growing organic is so it’s as close to how it would grow in nature plus some people’s body’s are sensitive to chemical nutrient grown buds plus it’s pretty simple (most of the times)
I appreciate your sentiment but what chemical are you taking about? There is no such thing as chemical nutrients. Your organic nutrients are broken down into inorganic nutrients no different than what you call chemical nutrients.

I'm not sure what chemicals you are referring to? They are elements once broken down and unavailable until such. Inorganic nutrients are the same as organic nutrients once that process happens. And organic nutrients are not available to the plants until that process occurs. Both are processed into inorganic nutrients for uptake... Where do you get chemical nutrient buds from. Nitrate is nitrate there is no difference it's not like the plants take up orange peels.

603cannabis

603cannabis

I appreciate your sentiment but what chemical are you taking about? There is no such thing as chemical nutrients. Your organic nutrients are broken down into inorganic nutrients no different than what you call chemical nutrients.

I'm not sure what chemicals you are referring to? They are elements once broken down and unavailable until such. Inorganic nutrients are the same as organic nutrients once that process happens. And organic nutrients are not available to the plants until that process occurs. Both are processed into inorganic nutrients for uptake... Where do you get chemical nutrient buds from. Nitrate is nitrate there is no difference it's not like the plants take up orange peels.
Any synthetic nutrient is a chemical nutrient. They have nutrients that are readily available that are not broken down by your rhizosphere. Not being a jerk but if you google chemical nutrients you’ll get a bunch of articles about it. They also have salt build ups that can kill off beneficial microorganisms in your rhizosphere general hydroponics flora is an example of a chemical nute. I can see what your see in a sense of yes they may be the same elements but there’s other things in there. To each there own I’ll never use a bottled nute and I didn’t come to argue about it either.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any synthetic nutrient is a chemical nutrient. They have nutrients that are readily available that are not broken down by your rhizosphere. Not being a jerk but if you google chemical nutrients you’ll get a bunch of articles about it. They also have salt build ups that can kill off beneficial microorganisms in your rhizosphere general hydroponics flora is an example of a chemical nute. I can see what your see in a sense of yes they may be the same elements but there’s other things in there. To each there own I’ll never use a bottled nute and I didn’t come to argue about it either.
Fair enough.. but you are plain and simple wrong. I won't argue its your thread but maybe search on the difference. Your microbiology breaks nutrients down into inorganic nutrients. In the end they are the same. I suggest looking at actual science not marketing BS, yotube and maximum yield.

I apologize for ranting in here. I should maybe start my own thread in hindsight.

Top Bottom