Living Soil Grower Info Thread 💎

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
As I am constantly researching and trying to better myself as a grower, I often stumble upon gems 💎 of information. The videos speak for themselves so I won’t take the time to go into detail about it. Living, recycled soil experiments. Pretty interesting stuff. This kinda stuff interests me.
He is also going to be one of the first to test the new timber LEDs but hasn’t hung them yet.
So, let’s chat, kick it, smoke and get this thread poppin. It’s interesting to know what’s going on in your media. Knowledge is power 💪.

The video above is a longer, more informative. The video below is an update from today. Check out the soil in the boxes, crazy shit goin on under the Tarps.

BurnZ
🔥🌲💥😵💨💨
*disclaimer
I have no rights to those videos, using for informational purposes only*

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well im sorry I watched that long winded sales pitch with very little actual info about any of it. Except how much of their overpriced stuff to use.

The method is contrived, product based, labor intensive and kind of silly indoors in my opinion.

Sorry...;-)

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Well im sorry I watched that long winded sales pitch with very little actual info about any of it. Except how much of their overpriced stuff to use.

The method is contrived, product based, labor intensive and kind of silly indoors in my opinion.

Sorry...;-)
Not a problem. No need to be sorry. I thought it was interesting. I’m sure outdoor is where living soil needs to stay. I’ll pass myself on the gnats 🤣 and stenches.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not a problem. No need to be sorry. I thought it was interesting. I’m sure outdoor is where living soil needs to stay. I’ll pass myself on the gnats 🤣 and stenches.

Its not that bud. Its the product driven info. He never explains how plants work. Just the amazing sure benefits of some mixes they sell.

And i feel bad when i feel I need to give negative info. Just so much hype and bad information out there all to make a buck. Which it always has been of course but i had hoped “legal” weed would bring more sensible and affordable gardening products and methods. Not more of the same crap they have been selling for 20 years already. Everyone is even pretending info from 20 years ago is new to sell even more product.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Its not that bud. Its the product driven info. He never explains how plants work. Just the amazing sure benefits of some mixes they sell.

And i feel bad when i feel I need to give negative info. Just so much hype and bad information out there all to make a buck. Which it always has been of course but i had hoped “legal” weed would bring more sensible and affordable gardening products and methods. Not more of the same crap they have been selling for 20 years already. Everyone is even pretending info from 20 years ago is new to sell even more product.
I was justa child 20 years ago so this is all new to me. I didn’t catch that vibe with the videos as a sales pitch. Regardless, we all spend money on our grow whether we wanna admit it or not. You’ve always been a hard one to please MiMed but that’s okay. I’ll try everything once, sooner or later. And no I am not going to buy this guys product lol. I’m satisfied with dyna gro, as you are 😄

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I run living soil inside. I think that it is an excellent method and has given me results that I’m happy with. It is also extremely easy and very inexpensive. MiMeds is referring to the “Buildasoil” method, which is not inexpensive because you need to buy stuff from buildasoil, and not easy because it’s product driven. Your next step (my opinion) is vids by Minnesota Nice, Joshua Steensland, Herbin Farmer, Rascal Farmer, Green grow spaces and down the rabbit hole moving away from product based methodology and towards true homeostasis in your soil.
The starting kit for living soil is in all garden centers. You need compost, sphagnum peat moss, and aeration (not perlite), in pretty much equal parts. From there you can go in a million directions sourcing inputs either from common garden supplies or by wildcrafting. You can purchase inoculates of beneficial bacteria, fungi, and arthropods, or again learn techniques to harvest them from nature. You can grow beneficial companion plants and green mulch. Etc. Etc.
I recommend the journey. I have a journal here misfiled in organic soil as “Reset Restart Living Soil Grow”. If you want to see where my path has taken me
Cheers

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

As I am constantly researching and trying to better myself as a grower, I often stumble upon gems 💎 of information. The videos speak for themselves so I won’t take the time to go into detail about it. Living, recycled soil experiments. Pretty interesting stuff. This kinda stuff interests me.
He is also going to be one of the first to test the new timber LEDs but hasn’t hung them yet.
So, let’s chat, kick it, smoke and get this thread poppin. It’s interesting to know what’s going on in your media. Knowledge is power 💪.

The video above is a longer, more informative. The video below is an update from today. Check out the soil in the boxes, crazy shit goin on under the Tarps.

BurnZ
🔥🌲💥😵💨💨
*disclaimer
I have no rights to those videos, using for informational purposes only*

I appreciate it because I run Earth Boxes in my tent and there's not a great deal of easily accessible knowledge on the whole probiotic wellness garden thing outside of the instructions that come with it.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Even outside you see a lot of growers doing a indoor style of notill just in larger containers, which can be expensive. Most of the good info I have found on notill farming has not been from cannabis growers.

That being said I respect build a soil and I have heard great things about some of their products, but they have definitely found their niche and its not about cost efficiency lol.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Even outside you see a lot of growers doing a indoor style of notill just in larger containers, which can be expensive. Most of the good info I have found on notill farming has not been from cannabis growers.

That being said I respect build a soil and I have heard great things about some of their products, but they have definitely found their niche and its not about cost efficiency lol.
Yeah, seems like they are pretty knowledge and also learning as they go, with new lights having different PPFD and intensity. Pretty interesting how the intensity of the new timbers caused his plant leafs to taco, he raised the humidity and the leafs flattened out overnight. All very interesting stuff.

sambapati

sambapati

I run living soil inside. I think that it is an excellent method and has given me results that I’m happy with. It is also extremely easy and very inexpensive. MiMeds is referring to the “Buildasoil” method, which is not inexpensive because you need to buy stuff from buildasoil, and not easy because it’s product driven. Your next step (my opinion) is vids by Minnesota Nice, Joshua Steensland, Herbin Farmer, Rascal Farmer, Green grow spaces and down the rabbit hole moving away from product based methodology and towards true homeostasis in your soil.
The starting kit for living soil is in all garden centers. You need compost, sphagnum peat moss, and aeration (not perlite), in pretty much equal parts. From there you can go in a million directions sourcing inputs either from common garden supplies or by wildcrafting. You can purchase inoculates of beneficial bacteria, fungi, and arthropods, or again learn techniques to harvest them from nature. You can grow beneficial companion plants and green mulch. Etc. Etc.
I recommend the journey. I have a journal here misfiled in organic soil as “Reset Restart Living Soil Grow”. If you want to see where my path has taken me
Cheers
Question cloudy....I live in an area where rice husks are plentiful and cheap. I think in order for the husks to be beneficial to be used as aeration they should be TOASTED. At least in my case, I spent quite some time toasting the husks with home-made real wood charcol and making bio-char pieces. I do not have access to any of the 'prepackaged' products and don't have a lot of experience. I do enjoy gardening and have been working undercover to try and grow for about 1 year. I will take a look at your suggested videos and see what I can learn. Thanks in advance if you have an answer or for the other farmers here.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Question cloudy....I live in an area where rice husks are plentiful and cheap. I think in order for the husks to be beneficial to be used as aeration they should be TOASTED. At least in my case, I spent quite some time toasting the husks with home-made real wood charcol and making bio-char pieces. I do not have access to any of the 'prepackaged' products and don't have a lot of experience. I do enjoy gardening and have been working undercover to try and grow for about 1 year. I will take a look at your suggested videos and see what I can learn. Thanks in advance if you have an answer or for the other farmers here.
Hey Sam. Rice hulls are great. Not sure what you are setting up but I will tell you that, in living soil, they do not last long. I used them as a part of my aeration to start and I have mulched with them a couple times and they go quick. Make sure you include some other kind of aeration for when the hulls are gone. The bugs and the worms seem to love them. I don’t know what toasting them would accomplish but I can’t see it hurting anything. Good luck.

Top Bottom