Local Shop And Post Harvest Care?

• Thread starter Potato Pipe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

I know this is a forum for growing, but I'm still building up my little grow area and forced to go to a local recreational shop in Layfette for time being. I'm used to weed that is sticky and can smells that can make you drool. Instead, this is stuff is dry as powder (can literally powder a nug with two fingers) and has almost no smell at all. This is not how I want my flower to turn out. Is this caused by improper dry or improper curing?

Also, I bought a quarter of a strain called "Purple Cotton". The nug on the top is what a couple nugs looked like and what the nug in the jar at the shop looked like. The rest of the bottle looked like the nug on the bottom.
20150106_122454.jpg

This is now the second time I've been there with exactly same problem. The convenience of it's location doesn't seem to be worth the reduction in quality.

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

I only did delivery from Ganja Godess and SCQM when I lived in Long Beach. Never experienced anything like this.

summitoker

summitoker

you need to shop elsewhere. the quality from med or rec shops here is typically nothing like you remember from cali..... pink house would be a decent place to find something at least acceptable to smoke while you wait for your grow/meet people

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

@summitoker , will do. Just looked up their recreational location and it looks like a neat little shop.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

SOOO many shops and growers do not understand that just because the buds are from the same plant, does not mean they are all the same quality. I bet the purple cotton is purple on top and the bottom is green.
I laugh at strain names in the shops any more. Just because you bought a pack of OGfirealienbubbahazepurplecookiewhitekush doesn't mean you've got the fire, either.

Oh, and fuck blue dream. There, I said it.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Dont fuck Blue Dream, over hyped and played out?, YES, dank ass herb even today,? Yes it is. NOT Connoisseur herb by any stretch. @altitudefarmer is correct. Most rec is not going to be the best. Solely profit driven. Come out visit us at 14er in Boulder. We are a small shop and quality/reputation is far more important than making a ton of money at the moment. trying to figure out how to do both....getting real close

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
SOOO many shops and growers do not understand that just because the buds are from the same plant, does not mean they are all the same quality. I bet the purple cotton is purple on top and the bottom is green.
I laugh at strain names in the shops any more. Just because you bought a pack of OGfirealienbubbahazepurplecookiewhitekush doesn't mean you've got the fire, either.

Oh, and fuck blue dream. There, I said it.
Thank you for this post. Names of strain have gone so out of whack. I don't even bother with the guy raving about his green dragon cross he made that is the best weed in the world!most shops rename strains so there more appealing to consumers.
To the guy started this thread I'd take the green lower fluff buds back and demand a switch out. Those lower no light buds should be made into hash. With the prices they charge it should be all top nuggs not no god damn flarf
These ass holes grow as many plants as they want still putting that shut on the shelves

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

Come out visit us at 14er in Boulder. We are a small shop and quality/reputation is far more important than making a ton of money at the moment. trying to figure out how to do both....getting real close
I finally got some time to head up there earlier today and couldn't find your shop so I took some karate classes and got this nifty bag:
mZxn24lrrFcqtVK_dZt6IrdJ9139iGFfBK0X1xyDFik=w769-h577-no

:D

Definitely a cool shop and great crew working there. The tangerine kush I picked up is simply outstanding in every regard.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Teah buddy! Glad to hear man. We try...and NEVER rename varieties. The ONLY time this happens is when I name something and they dont like it or think they habe something better! clown shoes right there.
thanks for stopping in.

Peace

Top Bottom