IMG 2023 02 22 15 56 56 555

Lockebox

Lockebox

Png Kash 4/4 within 24 hours. Still floating never sank. Soils coming tomorrow
IMG 2023 02 23 03 12 54 165

GMO starting to show healthy growth
IMG 2023 02 23 02 53 14 072
IMG 2023 02 23 02 51 30 208

Topped the tall g stash above the 4th node. She has fatter leaves, a much thicker stem, and much wider internode spacing. Gonna let the other 2 go natural
IMG 2023 02 23 02 56 21 848
IMG 2023 02 23 03 56 28 263

The funk bunch:
IMG 2023 02 23 03 58 39 796
IMG 2023 02 23 03 58 28 837

Lockebox

Lockebox

Getting high my guy. Hades Throne #2
IMG 2023 02 23 08 46 21 511

Trying something new as I wait for soil.
Planted PNG Kash in rooters after 60 hours floating. Soaked the plugs in 6.8 tap with mykos wp.

Put them in with the funk bunch, they'll sprout under 18/6 until the 4x4 comes in.

Gave the funk bunch their final sulfur treatment yesterday, foliar spray during dark period. Also increased the light on the GMO side back to 50% this morning.

All 3 are starting to drink at their own rate, no more convenient watering lol

In the tengu tent, all the plants are showing healthy growth and stretching nicely. One Real sour x Okie topped itself.

Pungent smell coming on. Increased light to 50% yesterday

IMG 2023 02 24 05 03 18 106
IMG 2023 02 24 04 33 51 253
IMG 2023 02 24 05 40 31 249
IMG 2023 02 24 05 43 23 376
IMG 2023 02 24 03 51 00 646

Lockebox

Lockebox

Looks good to me.
Guess I could have waited on the seeds, oh well it's fun to try new things in a pinch

I reckon I'll let the seeds sprout and then burry the plugs in soil solos.

Curious to see how seeds do under these lights, hlg keeps em squat spiderfarmer makes em stretch IME
IMG 2023 02 24 12 21 24 077
IMG 2023 02 24 12 24 30 296

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Looks good to me.
Guess I could have waited on the seeds, oh well it's fun to try new things in a pinch

I reckon I'll let the seeds sprout and then burry the plugs in soil solos.

Curious to see how seeds do under these lights, hlg keeps em squat spiderfarmer makes em stretch IME
View attachment 1334459View attachment 1334458
That actually looks really nice man. Any time ive opened happy frog its filled with rocks, huge chunks of bark like 4+ inches, and twigs the size of my fingers so i stopped using it cause i just didnt like that lol.

Lockebox

Lockebox

That actually looks really nice man. Any time ive opened happy frog its filled with rocks, huge chunks of bark like 4+ inches, and twigs the size of my fingers so i stopped using it cause i just didnt like that lol.
Hahaha you ain't lying dude, I was surprised at how few wood chips / chunks are in there.
There's usually a log or two 😂

Lockebox

Lockebox

I used to mix a bag of ffof, with a bag of ffhf, and like 5-6 gallons of perlite, ran that for like 2 years and it did really well actually.
Hell yeah, I've got one bag of OF mixed in with all my HF everywhere.
I like the 50/50 mix it works really well.

Definitely think added perlite would be a plus, the OF has hardly any in it.

Found one for ya lol
IMG 2023 02 24 12 54 02 326

Lockebox

Lockebox

I might end up back in that mix after i experiment with Pro Mix, if im not fond im going back to ffof/ffhf/perlite.
Thats a damn tree branch lol
Right on, it's actually the only soil I've ever grown in but if it's not broke don't fix it. Except maybe screen for tree branches haha

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Right on, it's actually the only soil I've ever grown in but if it's not broke don't fix it. Except maybe screen for tree branches haha
I only switched cause it went from 20 a bag to 45 a bag for the 1.5 cu ft of ocean forest. Then i went to mother earth, that did same thing, went from 17.99 a bag to 42.99 a bag, then roots organic 707 and im just not happy with that stuff at all. I just found that I can get 7 cu ft of promix bx for 50 bucks, so i got that coming in monday woth extra perlite to make it like the HP

Lockebox

Lockebox

I only switched cause it went from 20 a bag to 45 a bag for the 1.5 cu ft of ocean forest. Then i went to mother earth, that did same thing, went from 17.99 a bag to 42.99 a bag, then roots organic 707 and im just not happy with that stuff at all. I just found that I can get 7 cu ft of promix bx for 50 bucks, so i got that coming in monday woth extra perlite to make it like the HP
Yoooo 7 cu ft for 50$? If that works well for you I may do the same holy crap. HF was 20 bucks at the store before I moved but I just paid $35 on Amazon for 2 cu ft 😮‍💨

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yoooo 7 cu ft for 50$? If that works well for you I may do the same holy crap. HF was 20 bucks at the store before I moved but I just paid $35 on Amazon for 2 cu ft 😮‍💨
Yeah i was in shock when i saw that price. Amazon gets ya cause they give you "free shipping" but you are paying for it, they just bury it in the cost, i kinda hate amazon lately lol.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeah i was in shock when i saw that price. Amazon gets ya cause they give you "free shipping" but you are paying for it, they just bury it in the cost, i kinda hate amazon lately lol.
Exactly lol, free shipping but the price of the item is raised the same amount shipping would cost 🤔

Found out this morning a store about 90 miles away carries Fox farm. If they got the 20$ bags I may be road tripping next time

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Exactly lol, free shipping but the price of the item is raised the same amount shipping would cost 🤔

Found out this morning a store about 90 miles away carries Fox farm. If they got the 20$ bags I may be road tripping next time
I was doikg that at one point, going to New Hampshire for a while cause it was 15 a bag for the OF and tax free, so id go buy 8 or 10 bags and make ot worth my time lol.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

There is a reason so many items on Amazon are in the $25-35 range that arent worth the plastic they are made of. I avoid Amazon as much as possible these days, they used to have good prices for decent quality but now they are flooded with white label products that are expensive for junk.

I use the ProMix BX with added perlite and dry ammendments, significantly cheaper than bagged preblended soil but you need to know more about what you are doing. I would highly recommend ProMix once you have the experience. Its cheap and consistent quality. But make sure you wait until you have lots of experience because you will eventually run into a problem and have to solve it on your own.

Plants are looking good! I see that GMO is starting to grow again, a few ugly outer leaves but the new growth looks good! 🍻

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

This is what the farm is for 😌
Lots of promix users on here that show great results. I just ordered a bale of bx and harvest hero perlite last night should be here Monday or Tuesday. Well see how it goes. Gonna feed with gaia green
You are right, lots of great help to be found here! It just gets tricky when you use more generic products. I started with Gaia Green, it works well but under LED definitely needs a calcium and magnesium boost. Once you go to things like chicken manure and langbeinite though I don't think I've seen anyone else here using those so it gets trickier.

My math has Gaia Green coming out at $5.50 CAD per kg (when buying the 10kg bag), my chicken manure, langbeinite, bone meal feed runs at $1.79/kg in veg and $2.51/kg for flower used at the same rate as Gaia Green. Those are prices shopping at Home Depot too, if you go to a co-op you can likely get that to less than a dollar a kg. I don't think it gets much cheaper than that although the startup costs are the same, you just get a whole lot more.

There are definitely benefits to the Gaia Green though, makes it easier to get help.

I made calculators in excel for all these which I'm happy to share but it's complex and numbers focused so it's definitely not for everyone. 🍻

Lockebox

Lockebox

There is a reason so many items on Amazon are in the $25-35 range that arent worth the plastic they are made of. I avoid Amazon as much as possible these days, they used to have good prices for decent quality but now they are flooded with white label products that are expensive for junk.

I use the ProMix BX with added perlite and dry ammendments, significantly cheaper than bagged preblended soil but you need to know more about what you are doing. I would highly recommend ProMix once you have the experience. Its cheap and consistent quality. But make sure you wait until you have lots of experience because you will eventually run into a problem and have to solve it on your own.

Plants are looking good! I see that GMO is starting to grow again, a few ugly outer leaves but the new growth looks good! 🍻
Yeah me and you are along the same lines of thinking. I've only ever grown in Happy frog and that's worked out great for me because it's pre amended and blended. Like you said though running something like pro mix and mixing myself will bring me to a day when I have to make decisions and face problems I don't fully understand with my experience level at the time. My wife said the same thing, she said why don't you just go buy some cheap soil from the store and use your nutrients. I said I'm too new still 😂

And hell yeah dude! The GMO is finally coming around, she was praying this morning. The ugly stuff definitely stands out but everything new growing is nice and green 😁

Top Bottom