Lockebox Reviews ViparSpectra Xs1500Pro & P1000

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

What’s up y’all, now that I’ve completed 2 grows under the XS1500 pro and P1000 from viparspectra I feel I can deliver an honest and accurate review about my experience.

First off, let’s get into over all build and physical structure of the lights.

Right off the rip I was very impressed with both models, sleek and compact but also durable with a heavy duty feeling in my hands.

I’ve had lights in the past which looked industrial with huge heat sinks that would bust a tile floor and I’ve also had flimsy lights that seem to bend and warp over the duration of a grow.

Well these vipar lights find a perfect balance between those two ends and deliver units which are: sturdy and durable yet also attractive and slim. Personally I couldn’t be happier with the design and build and have no complaints or suggestion.

Next let’s get into power supply and dimming.

The XS1500 pro has a maximum output of 150w while the p1000 maxes out at 100w. Both are incredibly potent however, and I usually maxed out at 75% power in my grows with both lights.

One thing I would change about the lights is the dimming functionality though to be completely honest.

You have 5 presets, 5,25,50,75 and 100% on the dimmer. While this is still incredibly handy, I would change it to a free spinning knob or reduce the increments down to 5% or 10% at the least. Sometimes I want to bump the lights up or down 10% and not jump a full 25%. However I wouldn’t even call this an issue and can be easily fixed with height adjustment rather than power dimming.

The next section I’ll touch on is heat generated by the lights. All in all, the generated heat was very reasonable. On the lower end of the dimmer knob, the light was raising ambient temperatures about 4 degrees and closer to 16-18 degrees running more power.

Like I said pretty reasonable, the heat can get up there but that’s with any light. I’d say these are cooler than some lights I’ve ran and hotter than others for a nice spot right in the middle.

One of the most impressive things I found about these lights was their incredible spread and footprint. I honestly bet I could pull off a good grow running a single xs1500pro in a 2x4. With both lights I often found myself with too much light and overlapping footprints resulting in ‘hot spots’. This would be great in a larger setting using overlap to achieve the best coverage but in a little space these can be almost too impressive.

After dialing the lights back,I found ways to work around it easily but that just goes to show how potent they really are!

Another thing to note is the full spectrum delivered by both lights. The company does a great job at listing and providing actual spectrum graphs found on the both the website as well as in user manuals. Not only are they straightforward so you know exactly what you’re getting, they’re also efficient and produce great results.

I’m not going to lie and say I’m a spectrum scientist, but man some of the most dense herb I’ve ever grown was under these lights. From veg to flower, this spectrum truly did do a great job.

One last thing I can think to add would be to daisy chain power supply if I just had to change something. Currently the daisy chain is only for dimming functionality but when running multiple lights power daisy chaining could be a real life saver.
Like I said though, the lights are great how they are that is just something if I had to make a change.

All in all I’m happy as hell with both the xs1500 pro and the p1000. They performed exceptionally well for me , got me some dank bud to smoke, and left me with lots of life in the lights themselves for future grows.

Definitely some quality LEDs and definitely a company I’m happy to have light up my garden 🍻
Lockebox reviews viparspectra xs1500pro  p1000 2

Lockebox reviews viparspectra xs1500pro  p1000

Lockebox reviews viparspectra xs1500pro  p1000 3

~Lockebox

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What’s up y’all, now that I’ve completed 2 grows under the XS1500 pro and P1000 from viparspectra I feel I can deliver an honest and accurate review about my experience.

First off, let’s get into over all build and physical structure of the lights.

Right off the rip I was very impressed with both models, sleek and compact but also durable with a heavy duty feeling in my hands.

I’ve had lights in the past which looked industrial with huge heat sinks that would bust a tile floor and I’ve also had flimsy lights that seem to bend and warp over the duration of a grow.

Well these vipar lights find a perfect balance between those two ends and deliver units which are: sturdy and durable yet also attractive and slim. Personally I couldn’t be happier with the design and build and have no complaints or suggestion.

Next let’s get into power supply and dimming.

The XS1500 pro has a maximum output of 150w while the p1000 maxes out at 100w. Both are incredibly potent however, and I usually maxed out at 75% power in my grows with both lights.

One thing I would change about the lights is the dimming functionality though to be completely honest.

You have 5 presets, 5,25,50,75 and 100% on the dimmer. While this is still incredibly handy, I would change it to a free spinning knob or reduce the increments down to 5% or 10% at the least. Sometimes I want to bump the lights up or down 10% and not jump a full 25%. However I wouldn’t even call this an issue and can be easily fixed with height adjustment rather than power dimming.

The next section I’ll touch on is heat generated by the lights. All in all, the generated heat was very reasonable. On the lower end of the dimmer knob, the light was raising ambient temperatures about 4 degrees and closer to 16-18 degrees running more power.

Like I said pretty reasonable, the heat can get up there but that’s with any light. I’d say these are cooler than some lights I’ve ran and hotter than others for a nice spot right in the middle.

One of the most impressive things I found about these lights was their incredible spread and footprint. I honestly bet I could pull off a good grow running a single xs1500pro in a 2x4. With both lights I often found myself with too much light and overlapping footprints resulting in ‘hot spots’. This would be great in a larger setting using overlap to achieve the best coverage but in a little space these can be almost too impressive.

After dialing the lights back,I found ways to work around it easily but that just goes to show how potent they really are!

Another thing to note is the full spectrum delivered by both lights. The company does a great job at listing and providing actual spectrum graphs found on the both the website as well as in user manuals. Not only are they straightforward so you know exactly what you’re getting, they’re also efficient and produce great results.

I’m not going to lie and say I’m a spectrum scientist, but man some of the most dense herb I’ve ever grown was under these lights. From veg to flower, this spectrum truly did do a great job.

One last thing I can think to add would be to daisy chain power supply if I just had to change something. Currently the daisy chain is only for dimming functionality but when running multiple lights power daisy chaining could be a real life saver.
Like I said though, the lights are great how they are that is just something if I had to make a change.

All in all I’m happy as hell with both the xs1500 pro and the p1000. They performed exceptionally well for me , got me some dank bud to smoke, and left me with lots of life in the lights themselves for future grows.

Definitely some quality LEDs and definitely a company I’m happy to have light up my garden 🍻View attachment 2047346

View attachment 2047345
View attachment 2047347
~Lockebox
Nice write up! Plants look like they loved the lights!

Top Bottom