lockout in coco - do I wai t till it dries a bit to feed correct or right away?

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blackcat

Hi all. I am growing in 100% gh cocotek. I am in wk 2-3 veg.I am running maxgrow at 900ppm. No cal/mag. I am getting light yellowing of new growth. I think I need to switch to maxibloom b/c maxigrow is too high in N and K. I will feed with 800ppm maxibloom + 200ppm botanicare cal/mag in attempt to fix. I just fed a day ago and normally would wait between 3-4 days in between waterings for the pots to get lighter. But since I know the nutes in the coco from my last feeding are not suitable should I feed right away even tho they are still fairly wet?

Thx

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
flush em out then feed w 50% strength. Probably better to do it now rather than letting more salt buildup.

Neoangelo147

Neoangelo147

Yea man I think its salt build up and overfeeding...I also use Maxigro but i only use 1/4 tsp to start off..Remember less is more..I don't really like going by weight or measurements I mostly go by my ppm's..Cuase even if it says 1/2 tsp at about 400ppm if you have high ppm's in your water you will be with high ppm's after nutrients are added..Also what i do to make sure the Maxigro is mixed and dissolved good i use a 1 gallon juice jug..Add nutrients fill with warm water to about quarter or so than shake like crazy..than add the rest with cold water to balance out the warm water to get it just right...

Just thought i would give my opinion...

Neoangelo147

Neoangelo147

One more thing make sure you rinse your coco like hell...Cause i noticed on the plants that i don't take my time to fully rinse before use i always have problems with...Flush til you see clear runoff...

Neoangelo147

Neoangelo147

Here is my Confidential Cheese in coco using straight Maxigro...Looks better in person camera phone sucks..

DSC016661.JPG

N

NoReason

If you're having a Mg def you could wait to feed the roots and feed the plant by its leaves with Mg.
This would allow the medium to dry, thus a lot of oxygen for the roots and when the medium is dry you can flush it, till the water coming out the pot has the same ppm value of the water you're flushing with.

When spray remember to stop all air movement to keep the leaves wet. Water is necessary to the plant to let enter the nutrient in the cells. At least half hour for a good fertilization.Keep pH around 6 for the foliar spray.

If you use also Ca in your spray, wash the leaves with fresh water the day after. Ca tends to create calcar on the leaf surface and it's not good.

I told you this because plants like a lot oxygen in the root-zone, they need it to do cellular respiration, and if there is a lack of, due to excess of water, methabolysm become slower.
Foliar spry could help a lot sometimes ;)

B

blackcat

Hmmmm... So ppl run maxigro in coco and they do ok? Think I just need to add calmag then? I was under impression maxi has lots of cal and mag

B

blackcat

Looking again I think I maybe being overly paranoid.this is my first go with coco and am just trying to make sure things go really well . I will keep a close eye on them, continue with maxigro and possibly add a little bit of cal/mag but already maxigro has cal and mag so I dunno. It has a lot of K too which I don't think is good for coco. Oh well I will give it a shot. Maxi is so cheap. I will maybe run a side by side next crop with a coco specific nute if I feel the need to. Preparing these babies for 6 plant per 1kw scrog, my first time scrogging. Start of veg got off slow due to humidity shock as my room is dry and I don't have a humidifier yet. But now with at least 50%rh and co2 @ 1000ppm they r growin like mad . Man I'm rambling I should start a diary

Neoangelo147

Neoangelo147

Sounds like a good idea start a grow diary I'll check it out for sure man..Maybe you should try posting pics of your plants it will help determine if something is really wrong..

B

blackcat

Yah ill give it a shot! Thx. I haven't grown in like 4 moinths and I forgot how good it makes me feel to have plants going!! Miss lurkin on these boards have learned so much.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Prob feeding to heavy for those lil gals. Try 150-200ppm of CalMag + 400 ppm of nutes & pH at 5.8, but flush first at half-strength. Drip Clean is a really good idea too. How often and what style are you feeding?

Top Bottom