logic needs help small white bugs crawling in my soil

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Logic act fast those are root aphids brah, that's not a predatory mite.
Predatory nematodes will eat those fuckers inside out and sticky traps catch the flyers though it takes time for them to reach that stage.
Got mine from FFOF & HF, my friend says he got his from blocks of coir also. Good luck dude those are the roaches of weed pest.
I'm leaning toward root aphids as well, though with my eyes I couldn't see shit in the soil/coco/perlite, I saw the flyers and thought they were super Fungus Gnats.
i got some come'n, is it alot better?

i mean if that spectracides kills everything to whats the difference?
Many folks have had no luck using any product with triazicide to eradicate RAs. It is what worked for me, leaving it to soak up into the pots for several hours.
The Merit 75 gives them a fungal disease similiar to Botanigard.
Eeehh... no, I think you might have that switched around. Merit 75 is actually a 75% concentration of imidacloprid, which is the active ingredient in the Bayer Tree & Shrub. Because it's such a high percentage of imid, you must allow the longest pre-harvest window before trying to use the product--60days.

Another fungus that attacks RAs, but is reported to only have something like a an 85% success rate is Met 52. OneSpark and altimood have been using it, IIRC.

Logic, you can try doing dunks on the rooted plants @125*F for 5minutes. I would expect rooted plants to handle this well, but would not expect any unrooted cuts to handle it. Someone posted a paper in one of the RA threads on it, has an excellent success rate, and you don't have to worry about finding hot water in Spain.

azamax drench its what i use then a azamax at 12 to 15 ml's per gal for drench and 7 to 8 mls per liter for spray killed all my lil bugs get you some.
Did you find that worked for root aphids, though? Mine threw their heads back and scoffed as they quaffed it down. :(

symbiote420

symbiote420

Met52 ........that's what I meant! LOL, thanks for correcting that Sea.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>>logic brah, take clones now before you loose the mom completely<<<

gtd:passingjoint:

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
>>>logic brah, take clones now before you loose the mom completely<<<

gtd:passingjoint:

Yeah that was my thought. Especially since they are moms and in veg. Clone the crap out of her and make sure you get a healthy rooted cut, then scrap the problem plant.

K

kes5480

i would wanna get them outta that medium asap,i would just chop em and and dip em in clone gel and start over...with a different medium, since they are only 10 days since rooting...they must be small right?

is that a stupid idea?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
problem is you have 1 chance at re rooting the clone. If it's weak from the pest attack then it might not root. Then it's gone. Is there a way to get the cuts back if you loose them logic? What cuts are they anyway?

deep buddy

deep buddy

i found this pic on google images..its a pic of a predatory mite..

where does that say its a root aphid? please read before posting......:mad0233:

i didnt say they were root aphids. i dont think they are.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
well if they are small i would keep them away from the others. you might try dipping the whole rootball in a bucket of treatment(whatever you use) and move it around to wash away the soil. since they are only 10 days old. and then replant them in better soil.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Go get a pack of clean dirt and swith them. Give the roots a wach out befor u put them in the dirt, juts like if u was going to put them in a hydro system.

They will be shocked and they may take a few days befor recover but at least u got a chance to save them.

Hope this help...

K

kes5480

Go get a pack of clean dirt and swith them. Give the roots a wach out befor u put them in the dirt, juts like if u was going to put them in a hydro system.

They will be shocked and they may take a few days befor recover but at least u got a chance to save them.

Hope this help...

that is proly wat i would do, now that ive thought about it...
good luck logic...but instead of dirt...coco, since u run coco

peace

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Plus after you put it in fresh coco it shouldn't be long before you can try cloning her again. Just baby the hell out of her after the transplant and use a Super Thrive type product with B vitamins for the stress.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

well if they are small i would keep them away from the others. you might try dipping the whole rootball in a bucket of treatment(whatever you use) and move it around to wash away the soil. since they are only 10 days old. and then replant them in better soil.

I would do juss as Kid recommended.. This is what I do every time I get a cut that's already in dirt.. I grow in coco so I wash off the dirt & transplant in2 coco.. Great advise Kid

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
well the word in spanish for root aphids is (Pulgon de raices) so im off to the garden center tomorrow to see if they can help me....fingers crossed...

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
well the word in spanish for root aphids is (Pulgon de raices) so im off to the garden center tomorrow to see if they can help me....fingers crossed...

good luck bro! Keep us updated..

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
make sure

if it looks like a predatory insect and their are a lot of them what are they eating ? is that what is hurting your plant ?

mosquito dunks if you can get them .......kick larval ass

and diatomaceous earth gets the adults

clone sounds week easy with any thing you use if a light does will cut them back enough to give time to get a clone this might save the strain

good luck brother :bow

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

+1 for Imidacloprid (Bayer Tree and Shrub, Merit, etc). Wiped out my root aphids in a day. They will also clear out a number of other root pests in case they're not aphids.
+1 for washing soil off roots and transplanting to clean soil - maybe even a drench of hygrozyme or something similar to help decompose damaged and dead roots and encourage new healthy root growth.
+1 for cutting clones, just in case....

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

i cant...these are new cuts only rooted 10days ago

Since these are small, I would definitely transplant to clean soil asap - wash the roots off in water. Even if it doesn't get rid of all the pests, it will slow them significantly.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I saw absolutely *no* relief from my RA infestation with diatomaceous earth. Works well for fungus gnats, as does sand.

I recall reading that the wet-dry cycles of coco can actually spur RAs to breed even more.

More Tx than just the root zones of these clones may be necessary.

Top Bottom