Lollipop More?

• Thread starter JewelRunner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JewelRunner

JewelRunner

Just trying out some new stuff since I'm growing again and was wondering if this is am appropriate amount to lollipop or should I go more? I'm halfway into a 8 week flowering period. I included another picture so you can see what my 600 watt 4×4 tent looks like. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Lollipop more
JewelRunner

JewelRunner

Just trying out some new stuff since I'm growing again and was wondering if this is am appropriate amount to lollipop or should I go more? I'm halfway into a 8 week flowering period. I included another picture so you can see what my 600 watt 4×4 tent looks like. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Here's the plant I was referring to in the lollipop more title

20160420 160231 1
JewelRunner

JewelRunner

I wouldn't lollypop any more than you have. You could prolly take some of the larf out of the middle to upper part. let some light into the center. lookin good....
Is larf just smaller buds, that you would make edibles or extracts with? Or are you saying it's bunk? Never heard that term before lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I don't remove anything but dead leaves past week 3 in flower. Week 7 I tie up some weighted fallen colas, that's about it. Too afraid to stress the girls out and turn to he-bishes.

JewelRunner

JewelRunner

It's not so bad... You'll get some larf, but hey.

Some people say don't prune after 2 maybe 3 weeks into flower... I am not part of that group of people.
Have you ever lollipopped after the halfway mark? and have you ever had one turn into a male because of the stress? I always thought stress was fine for the plant if you have it in the right environment?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Have you ever lollipopped after the halfway mark? and have you ever had one turn into a male because of the stress? I always thought stress was fine for the plant if you have it in the right environment?
No.
Yes.
And no.

Lol

I learned that leaving a plant alone after 2-3 weeks of flowering is best for me.

Best of luck.
Peace

JewelRunner

JewelRunner

Appreciate the feedback guys, i recently trimmed up the plant in the picture right before the halfway mark. If it does start to turn, when will it be noticeable?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Never considered them turning into he-bishes... I guess it would be possible

You will when it wipes out an entire flower room. After my daily 4 hrs of gardening, I spend another 2 hrs inspecting all buds for nanners every day past week 5 from flip. I've already shit canned an entire room due to a certain breeders bullshit ass genetics doubling pollen everywhere. Lost my ass that run.

JewelRunner

JewelRunner

You will when it wipes out an entire flower room. After my daily 4 hrs of gardening, I spend another 2 hrs inspecting all buds for nanners every day past week 5 from flip. I've already shit canned an entire room due to a certain breeders bullshit ass genetics doubling pollen everywhere. Lost my ass that run.
Man, you just made my heart sink. When did you start seeing them turn?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Earliest is week 2 to 3. Then it's a genetic issue most times, or a bad light leak. About week 5 to 6 most likely is an environment issue, or crap genetics. Some strains will throw nanners if a fans blowing on it 24/7, like my Cannatonic4 did last run. But didn't throw any the past 2 runs. And only found 3 in 5 days. She got the chop 5 days earlier than I'd liked to have let her run.

I used to do paint and quality inspections for a certain big 3 auto company (auto show, movie, commercial, concept cars), so I have superb vision and can spot even a small green new forming nanner at 2 clicks. Lol. I call it nanner hunting.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Whatup RTJ fan.

I am in the minority I would expect in that I mess with them the whole time. I would thin out the leaves a bit, just in general. Unless at the very bottom, I tend to clip off leaves bigger than my hand and/or train to create an even canopy with even light penetration. Generally I like the heartier strains, if a little abuse confuses their gender...welp they just get kicked out and have no place in my garden. You look to have gone up far enough generally speaking.

I personally have not had late stage trimming up of stuff cause me any issues, I will even take clones on occasion at about the same stage you are at.

Top Bottom