Lollipopping Help

• Thread starter NOsauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NOsauce

NOsauce

Hello THCFriends,

I am ready to flip over to flowering but I have been looking into information on the lollipop technique. I seem to find quite mixed information.

I would like to know when it is best to lollipop. Am I able to do it the same day that I change the light cycle, should I wait until they have started flowering, or is there a specific week I should be focused on?

Any additional expertise is also welcome! Thanks ahead of time.

G gnome

G gnome

Imo its best to do a lil at a time and be done by the time the flowers come. Start raising the skirt once they start vegging good and do lil bits at a time till the stretch is over

Toaster79

Toaster79

Pluck the little lower bud sites once you flip them and leave the fan leaves. The plant is gonna suck those fans dry and they will fall off eventually as they have no purpose anymore. By the end of the second week or when they done stretching your plants should be lollipopped. Like G gnome said, do it little by little not to shock the plant.

Positive vibes

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I do all my trimming at least 1.5-2 weeks before flipping to give the plant time to heal/adjust to her new trim job. I just lollipopped my glue mom. she was an overgrown beast to say the least. now she looks funny, but easier to manage after the stretch is over when I flip her.

G gnome

G gnome

Pluck the little lower bud sites once you flip them and leave the fan leaves. The plant is gonna suck those fans dry and they will fall off eventually as they have no purpose anymore. By the end of the second week or when they done stretching your plants should be lollipopped. Like G gnome said, do it little by little not to shock the plant.

Positive vibes
Not always mine dont. Just like u sed i cut the sucker branches and leave the leaves there. A lot of the times the leaves i cut in half when i took the clones are still in tact.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Not always mine dont. Just like u sed i cut the sucker branches and leave the leaves there. A lot of the times the leaves i cut in half when i took the clones are still in tact.

But I'm guessing those leaves get enough light. I'm talking about the leaves at the bottom of the canopy that barely get any light. The plant actually cleans her self in the middle where there are no branches to support. Just my experience.

I do all my trimming at least 1.5-2 weeks before flipping to give the plant time to heal/adjust to her new trim job. I just lollipopped my glue mom. she was an overgrown beast to say the least. now she looks funny, but easier to manage after the stretch is over when I flip her.

I'm stripping my plants prior to flip as I train them to get to desired shape. After flip is when I let them grow vertically and at that point is the next two weeks when I clean up bottom bud sites which would end up a popcorn/larf. I pinch an undeveloped budside even as far as 4 weeks in if I accidentally missed it.

20150321 195025

20150519 161643

+++++Vibes

NOsauce

NOsauce

Thanks guys, I will take it slow and finish after stretch is done!

Top Bottom